Thanksgiving at Sea

ThysFamily

We will be on Brilliance of the Sea for Thanksgiving and were wondering what "special" things are done for the holiday aboard ship. This is our first cruise and are literally "know-nothings" about cruising. Thanksgiving will be a day at sea. Any information is appreciated. Thanks so much!:)

Have never been on a ship for Thanksgiving..but did a Christmas Panama Canal cruise...not only did they have eggnog and gingerbread cookies and presents for all..there was turkey and all the trimmings, steak, lobster and after dinner the entertainment was Ben vereen who was just fabulous. Decorations everywhere and also Jewish menorah lighting every night.

it will be festive!

DW and I were on Maasdam last Thanksgiving. It was made a formal night (by this I mean 2nd formal night was not scheduled to be that date, but was moved to coincide), and there was turkey and the 'trimmins' in the dining room. No turkey day specific decorations that I saw (other than our cabin door:) ). Staff made a point of saying "Happy Thanksgiving" throughout the day.

Cheers

MarkC

We've spent several Thanksgivings at sea since our b-days are close by (Nov. 20 & 28). Like CDRMark said, it's usually a formal night, even if Thursday is not the 'scheduled' one. The menu will include Turkey with stuffing, as well as other things. We have always gotten the menu as a souvenir, as it is labeled 'Thanksgiving XXXX' so it cannot be reused.

Archived