Breakaway vs. Getaway ???

RCmommy

Hi all, I am just wondering if these two ships are essentially identical? Is the layout or floor plan the same? Cabins pretty similar?

A lot of the reviews I read about compare the two, or I can only find info on the Breakaway since Getaway is so new.

Other big difference is the entertainment:

• Musical: Legally Blonde (GA) Rock of Ages (BA)
  • Seated dinner show: Illusionarium magic show (GA) Cirque Jungle Fantasy (BA)
  • Comedy show: Levity Entertainment comedians (GA) Second City improv (BA)
  • Other music venue: Grammy Experience (GA) Fat Cats jazz bar (BA)
  • Daytime "comedy" and meal event: Wine Lovers (GA) Second City Wacky Family Reunion (BA)

Both ships have Burn the Floor dance show and outside of a couple bar themes, they are very similar. Staterooms are identical.

Excellent, thank you.

So, Is it safe to assume then that if I look up our mid ship balcony cabin on the GA the floor plan will be much the same as the BA (minus the decor) ?

I am also wondering what is directly across from our GA cabin 13770? It is not another cabin and on both GA and BA maps it is a big white square. A little further up I see the Splash Academy. I can see what I think is stairs so maybe this is a foyer?

Sorry if I am way off, this will be our second cruise and I am not yet well versed in all things cruise related! :)

That's a good question that I've never seen answered here.

Here are two pictures of both ships together in January for you.

One is from the portnywebcam and one is from someone's FB.

ImageUploadedByForums1394398520.622680.jpg.867f193a2de5a8410bdbb1d686bab9bf.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394398540.953935.jpg.0ec94c17559ee7a90b6bf8f88938feb7.jpg

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Excellent, thank you.

So, Is it safe to assume then that if I look up our mid ship balcony cabin on the GA the floor plan will be much the same as the BA (minus the decor) ?

Yep Same rooms

Well, they certainly look like identical twins! For both cabin descriptions (mid ship balcony) it says they will sleep up to 4, but there is no mention of an upper or lower. Does that mean the sofa folds out and both sleep on that? If that is the case my kids are going to drive me nuts! It also looks tight between the sofa out in a bed and walking past.

Bumping myself :) in hopes of getting an answer to the above. Does anyone know what the blank area is across from cabin 13770 on the Getaway?

Most likely a crew area. These usually store the service carts, have electrical breakers, crew accessable ice machines, equipment, etc.

Edited by SoCA6ft5

I just sailed these two (essentially) back to back this past Jan/Feb. Less than 24 hours between the two ships. They are IDENTICAL to the point that it was almost sureal being on the two so close together! lol We did BA first, and when we were walking around the GA we had to keep reminding ourself that we were in the Mojito Bar and not Shakers. A few decor and name differences, but all the space and layouts are the same.

And I agree with SoCA6ft5, that empty space is crew access only. It's the behind the scenes service elevators and cleaning stuff.

Well, they certainly look like identical twins! For both cabin descriptions (mid ship balcony) it says they will sleep up to 4, but there is no mention of an upper or lower. Does that mean the sofa folds out and both sleep on that? If that is the case my kids are going to drive me nuts! It also looks tight between the sofa out in a bed and walking past.

I'm assuming that they'll be like the ones here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842171

Although these photos are from a so-called family balcony cabins, I believe the sleeping areas are the same. So it looks like you'll have a pull down bed plus the sofa bed.

• 4 weeks later...