Benifits of booking onboard

Hello all so what are any benefits of booking your next cruise while u are onboard one? Is it obc, cheaper price or Is there any benefits of just waiting and booking thru our normal travel agent thanks for your comments.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Hello all so what are any benefits of booking your next cruise while u are onboard one? Is it obc, cheaper price or Is there any benefits of just waiting and booking thru our normal travel agent thanks for your comments. .

No cheaper prices, just OBC and reduced deposit.

I was just thinking the same question when I logged on! Also, if the cruise is far off (say 15months) what is the likelyhood of a price drop? Should I compare/expect it to be the same as this year's price? (For the same dates, etc)

The price can go up and own daily. You can get price adjustments (up until final payment) most times unless the sale is new bookings only, if it is new bookings only sometimes you can cancel and rebook. In some cases, this can impact any perks you were originally entitled to.

Once final payment has been made, your only option is to upgrade to a higher cat cabin if it is the same price, or pay to upgrade the a (now cheaper, but still priced more than you have paid) higher cat cabin.

Prices can fluctuate like mad after final payment as the line tries to fill the boat, assuming there is inventory.

I use a price tracking site to get near real time price updates. The following is an example of price changes for my upcoming Allure cruise (D1 balcony):

$ 1,099 2014‑03‑08 2014‑03‑09

$ 2,109 2014‑02‑27 2014‑03‑08

$ 1,909 2014‑02‑23 2014‑02‑27

$ 899 2014‑02‑17 2014‑02‑21

$ 849 2014‑02‑16 2014‑02‑17

$ 1,859 2014‑02‑06 2014‑02‑16

$ 2,559 2014‑01‑24 2014‑02‑05

$ 2,619 2014‑01‑14 2014‑01‑23

$ 2,539 2014‑01‑09 2014‑01‑13

$ 2,409 2014‑01‑07 2014‑01‑08

Keep in mind this is just the last 10 price changes. The left date column is when the new price was first seen.

I was just thinking the same question when I logged on! Also, if the cruise is far off (say 15months) what is the likelyhood of a price drop? Should I compare/expect it to be the same as this year's price? (For the same dates, etc)
Edited by JasonV1

My recent experience is that the best prices are available early. On six cruises over the past three years there have been no price drops; in fact there has typically been several hundred dollar increases. We do tend to sail at high demand times as I am a teacher.

My advice is to always hope and check for price drops, but never expect them. If you're not happy with a price, don't book it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk