Florida and Disney Cruise Trip

Marla07860

April 22, 2005

So I went to school till like 10:00am, my dad picked me up, went home got all our stuff, then hit the road. We were flying out of philly airport, so we got then around 12:30, checked our bags in and went to get lunch. I got a philly cheese steak and a coke. After lunch we went to our gate to wait for the plane. Our flight was for 2:30, but we ended up leaving at like 4:00 or so, don't remember, we landed in orlando around 7:30, got our luggage, then got a ticket for a shuttle to the swan hotel, by this time it was 8:00pm, called my mom to tell her we got there, she didn't come with us because she doesn't like vacations. Well we got to the hotel around 9:00, checked in dropped our bags off in the room, then headed to boardwalk by the hotel for dinner. I don't remember where we ate, but I know I had chicken fettucine. After dinner, we walked back to the hotel. I watched some tv and called my mom again to tell her how the hotel was, while my dad went to look around and find out about details for the next morning. I fell asleep around 11:30 before my dad came back.

April 23, 2005

I woke up around 6:00 or so, took a shower and got ready for the day because I was to excited to sleep anymore. After my dad and I were ready we went to get breakfast at Gulliver's. I had the best breakfast ever I think. I had hash browns with corned beef hash over them and cheese on top of all it, so good, but so much fat food but come on it's vacation. After breakfast went back up to the room to brush our teeth, after we did that we got our bags and brought them down to the lobby to give them to the disney cruise rep outside the hotel, there were other people doing it at that time to. After that we waited for a bus to take to Magic Kingdom, took the bus, then from Magic Kingdom walked over to the Contemporary hotel(the hotel we stayed at the first time in Disney in 2000) because I wanted to see it agian, took a water taxi over to the Wildernes Lodge hotel(hotel we stayed in when we went on land and sea vacation in 2002) because I wanted to see that agian. From there we took a bus to MGM, then walked from there on a path back to the hotel, got back to the hotel at around 10:30am, went and checked out the dolphin part of the hotel, then went back to the swan hotel and chilled till around 11:30 when we left. The bus ride to the port was about a hour and a half long, half the way to the terminal there was a cartoon playing, then the second half of the way a video about the disney cruise played. Got to Port Canaveral at about 1:00, dropped the luggage off outside were they have everyone drop off the luggage. Then went to get in line to get into the terminal, didn't take very long only about like 5 mins. Went up stairs to check in, got in line to check in, long line but it only took about 15 mins, pretty fast. Got our KTTW cards and headed to get in line to get on the boat, since they started letting people in before we got there it only took like 5 mins to get on, when we got on board they say the name of your party, pretty sweet. I wasn't suprised at this because I went on a cruise in like 2002 so I knew that would happen. It was passed 1:30 when we got on, so we headed to check out our cabin, it was on deck 6 foward with a window, it was 6506. Dropped off our carry on bags and headed up to deck 9 to Topsider Buffet for lunch, the buffet was the regular american buffet. I had some mac n cheese, bread with butter, some ham and then for dessert at lunch chocolate pudding, and a piece of cake. After Lunch I went to look around the ship since I hadn't been on the Disney Magic and only the Disney Wonder. The ships are pretty much the same except for some things on the Disney Magic the three rotation places to eat dinner for family's are Lumiere's, Parrot Cay, and Animator's Palate. On the Disney Wonder the three rotation places for family's to eat are Triton's, Parrot Cay, and Animator's Palate. If you want fast food you could get dinner at Pluto's Dog House which closes pretty early or Pinocchio's Pizzeria which is open till 12:00am. Another difference is that on Dinsey Magic they have Beat Street which has the adult night clubs from 9:00pm for guest 18 and older and on the Disney Wonder Route 66 has the night clubs for adults from 9:00pm, before 9:00pm Beat Street or Route 66 is open to family's. Well I explored the ship then went back to the cabin around 3:30. At 4:00 we went to the Mandatory lifeboat drill, that was from 4:00-4:30. After the drill went back to the cabin to put back the life vest and get my camera, then headed up to the Sail-Away Celebration. I watched the Sail-Away party from deck 10 from 4:30-5:00 and at 5:00 I watched us sail out of Port Canaveral and waved to the people waving at us. After we had sailed and were on our way, I headed to the cabin got ready for dinner and then explored the ship some more. At about 7:45 I went to the promenade lounge and sat down there and just chilled. At 8:30 went to dinner, they had two dinner seatings early at 6:00 and late at 8:30, we had late. Sat with some pretty nice people, one of the people we sat with name was marla which is my nickname my friend from home gave me. We ate at Lumiere's that night and I had chicken fettucine and then for dessert I got some type of cake. After dinner, I went back to the room, watched tv, then walked back down to the promenade lounge at like 10:30, nothing good was happening that night so I went back to the room watched a movie then went to bed around 11:30 or so.

April 24, 2005

I woke up around 7:00, my dad had left to go walk around the ship so I got up and took a shower and got ready. When my dad got back to the room it was 7:30, I was still getting ready so he laid down for another 15 mins. Around 7:45 went up to topsider buffet to eat breakfast, had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, a pancake, ham and to drink a coke, there was a free drink stand on the ship out side by the Mickey pool so I got a lot of drinks from there. After breakfast my dad and I went to the internet cafe which is on deck 3 right by the promenade lounge, signed up for the whole cruise plan so I could go on the internet all I wanted to on the cruise, then I went on aim for a lil and talked to some people, then e-mailed my mom and then went back up to the cabin to get my camera. I went to Quarter Masters Arcade played some games, then around 10:30 went up top to find my dad because I knew he'd be up there. Found my dad by the basketball court, then we watched as we pulled into Key West. Left my dad and went to go get a drink and then went back to the Cabin around 11:30 met my dad and got my stuff I needed to leave the ship and left to get off the ship to go into Key West. Ok Key West, omg I just loved it. We went to lunch at Sloppy Joe's Bar and I had a bacon cheese burger. After we ate, we walked to go shopping I bought a shirt that is white and in Big blue letters it say's Key West and under key west it says in red letters Florida, USA. After I bought the shirt walked to a store that sells Key Lime Pie, yum, that was so good. After eating the Key Lime pie we walked back to the ship and got on, I went and chilled on the top deck, then went to the internet cafe to check my mail. While I did this my dad went to watch the Nets game in Diversions. At around 5:00pm ran into my dad on deck 10 and asked if we could go see the sunset because I heard about cool stuff they do at Mallory Square. So we went and got off the boat and went to Mallory Sqaure. First we watched a man telling jokes and juggle fire, we were in the back so it was kind of hard to see. After that right behind where we were standing there were these two people, a guy and girl that did stuff with fire they were awesome I was like right behind a kid, so I could see that prefectly, the guy was hot, lol. After them we watched the sunset and a dog walk across a thin rope, that was cool, headed back to the ship around 7:30 or so, went up to the room and changed for dinner it was a casual night again so you didn't have to dress up. Went to the promenade lounge chilled there then went to the internet cafe chated on aim with some people and then around 8:15 met up with my dad and went to get in line for Animator's Palate because we were eating there. For dinner I had chicken fettucine with sacllops, and for dessert I had some type of pudding. Oh and met the two table mates that missed dinner the night before. After dinner I went to the internet Cafe went online looked up some stuff updated my xanga page and then went to look in the stores, then around 11:00 went to the room and took a shower, my dad came by told me he was going to see National Treasure, then I watched tv for a little and feel asleep around 11:30 agian.

April 25, 2005

Woke up around 7:15, got ready then went to Topsider buffet to have a small breakfast to tide me over before we had Character breakfast at Parrot Cay at 9:45. After I had some food, I walked around the ship went down the deck 4 to go and walk outside there because I hadn't been out there on the cruise yet. Stood out there for a while then went to the internet cafe, checked my mail then met my dad at 9:40 and then got in line and waited to be let in to parrot cay, at the character breakfast I had a omlet and water. Got a pic with minnie, mickey, goofy, and pluto. After breakfast went back to the internet cafe and went online chated with people and then went to the two disney stores and bought a photo album. Then I went up to the free drink station got some coffee and then went to deck four atrium and watched people get in line for pics with some characters. Around 11:30 I got in line and I got a pic with pluto in a sailor suit and then at 12:00 I got a pic with donald duck. After I got pics with them, I went to eat some lunch and Topsider. It was Asian Buffet today, the food wasn't that good so I just had a roll with butter. Since it was a Day at Sea, some charcters came up to the deck to have pics taken with people. I got a pic with Chip and Dale, I love em, awesome dudes lol. After that I went and chated with sampey on aim and then walked around the top decks. Around 5:30 went back to the room to get ready, then I went down to deck 4 and walked and looked down at the atrium, it was a formal night so it seem so pretty and nice down there, went down to the internet cafe to go on aim, boy did I go on aim a lot, lol. Well only when there was nothing for me to do I liked, lol. Then around 8:20, I met my dad by the internet cafe and got in line to go in parrot cay because we were having dinner there that night. I had for dinner that night you guessed it chicken fettucine. I had some fruit type of cake for dessert. After dinner went back up to the room to get a sweatshirt and then went down the the promenade lounge because Travis and Doug or Dougie as I call him were there and they were nice to talk to. So I watched family's dance at the Golden Mickey's Family After Party thing. Went on aim talked to my life and as I was talking to my life Doug hides Travis' jacket so Travis starts a conga line and it goes right behind me lol I totally cracked up. Around 12:00 I headed up to the room and watched tv and fell asleep around 12:30.

April 26, 2005

Woke up around 7:30, my dad was already up and out of the room, so I got ready and was ready by 8:00. My dad was back by then so we went to topsiders agian for breakfast and looked at the other boats come in to Grand Cayman since we had got there even before I woke up. For breakfast I had bacon, corned beef hash, a hash brown, ham, and bagel with peanut butter and honey on it. After breakfast I went and walked around the ship. Went to the internet cafe to check my mail and see who was on aim. After that it was around 11:00 so I went up to Quarter Masters Arcade on deck 9 and played different games in there for like a hour or so. Then I ran into my dad, he told me he was going into Grand Cayman then, but I didn't feel like going in that day, so I stayed one the ship. After I talked to my dad I went to Pluto's Dog House and got chicken fingers for lunch because the topsiders buffet was Taste of the Netherlands and didn't really think I'd like it. After I ate lunch, I went the Scoops the ice cream place and got ice cream and then went down to the internet cafe not many people down there since it was not a sea day. Around 3:00 went out on deck 4 and saw my dad on a tender boat coming back, so I took a pic of him on it from the ship. Then went inside and up to deck 9 to get some what of a tan because finally some chairs were free, I layed in the sun and watched the band play and DJ Pike, Travis and Dougie dancing on the pool side trying to get people to have a good time and dance. By that time it was 5:00, so I headed down to the cabin to get dressed and ready for dinner then around 6:30 went down and got a pic with another charcter in the atrium on deck 4, it was with goofy's son Max. After that I went down and chilled in the promenade lounge and then at 6:30 I went to see The Pacifier. Dinner was at Lumiere's I had chicken tempura and dessert had some knid of cake. After dinner went to the cabin, took a shower, then to see Around the World in 80 Days, I only watched like 5 mins of Around the World in 80 Days because I didn't like it, so I went down to the promenade lounge and chilled till like 11:00, then up to deck 5 by the artrium to sit in the big comfy charis, went back to the room around 11:45 because I had a headache and was kind of dizzy, took some meds and fell asleep at 12:45 or so.

April 27, 2005

Woke up around 7:00 got ready and headed to Topsiders for breakfast. Had, a sticky bun, pancake, bagel, bacon, ham, pine apple, sauage, and hash brown ate all it while watching us sail to Cozumel. After breakfast I went back to the room and brushed my teeth. Went down to deck 4 to sit in the big comfy chairs they have on deck 4 inside and deck 5 inside. Around 11:00 went up to deck ten to watch us pull in to Cozumel, then watched a Celebirty ship sail in like on the other side of the dock by us pretty cool, I saw my dad up there and talked to him and told him I thought the chairs on the celebirty ship looked comfy and should be on the disney ship, then we talked about meeting up in the cabin when they cleared the ship and we could get off. So he left and I stood on deck looking at the other ship for a while and waved to people on it. Went to the internet cafe to see if I could find anything to do in cozumel since the ship hadn't been cleared yet. Went up to the room and as I headed up to the room the ship was cleared, so I met my dad in the cabin and then we went and got off the ship. We Went and ate lunch don't remember the name of the place, but I had enchalada and a coke the glass was bigger then a softball for real. After lunch we walked back the way we came and I stopped and bought necklaces and some shirts and took a pic of a pizza hut scooters, and then went back to the ship. Dad went to see Pirates of the Caribbean movie and I went to get a drink, then I went to the internet cafe and went on aim, but no one was on and nothing was happening on the ship so I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. After the movie was over I wanted to get a thing of toys that I saw in cozumel, so we went back up to the room got the passports and headed back into town, I got the things I wanted and another shirt and then headed back to the ship. Back on the ship I went to get some Chicken fingers sinces I didn't really eat any lunch just took like 5 bites because I was still full from breakfast, my dad came up and saw me and we sat at a table and talked while I ate, then I told him I wasn't going to dinner that night because I wanted to go to a Line Dancing thing in the promenade lounge at 8:30. After I talked to my dad, went back to the cabin changed into my pirate shirt I got in cozumel, then went down to the artium to watch the Authentic Mexican Mariachi Band play at 7:45-8:30, didn't stay for all of that but got some pics of them. Went to the internet cafe, went on aim and talked to my life. After that I went to this line dance thing to learn line dances for the Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party. After that went up to deck 4 to sit in the comfy chairs, then around 9:30 went to the deck for the party, I danced and danced and danced, after the party went to shower and then went to the internet lounge again and talked to some people about how there spring break was going then went back to the cabin watched tv and fell asleep around 1:30.

April 28, 2005

Well it was another Sea Day, woke up around 7:00, got ready and went and got breakfast at Topsiders buffet.I had the same things as the day before bagel with peanut butter and honey, bacon, sausage, hash brown, and pine apple. After breakfast went to the cabin to get my cd player, then went to buy a autograph book, and four pens. After I bought all that went back up to the cabin and then went down the deck 4 and went outside on the deck, then at 11:00 went to the atrium for a Character Autograph Session and got autographs lmfao, loved that. After that went to get lunch at Topsiders it was a Seafood Buffet, yum yum. After lunch watched Goofy's Fun Fitness Pool Party thing that the little kids did, so cute. It started to sprinkle so I went down the to internet cafe checked on online and no one was on, so I logged off and went back up to goofy's pool to see some Ice Carving and Flaring since it was sunny then, it was pretty sweet. After that I found a chair and sat on deck and watched us sail and watched some girls dancing on stage. Around 3:15 I went and watch Chip-it Golf in the artium, after watching that went out on deck 4 ran around once or twice, then went to watch the Final Jackpot Bingo since I'm only 17 and couldn't play, but it's all cool I hate bingo anyway, just like watching it. After that was over, I went to the cabin and got ready and went to so Disney Dreams, pretty good show. At 7:45 went to the promenade lounge and watched people do Karaoke since it was Karaoke Time. At 8:25 met up with my dad and headed to Parrot Cay for dinner. I had some type of pasta and nothing for dessert since there was going to be a dessert buffet in Lumiere's. After dinner went to the internet cafe for 5 mins or so, then the promenade lounge, saw this person with a orange jacket thing on and a wig on too because it was Family Disco Dance in the promenade lounge from 9:45-10:15 and High Society one of the bands on the ship was playing, that night was good. Went back up to the room to get my camera then headed down to the dessert buffet. The dessert buffet was so pretty I got like three different desserts, Ate them all and then went up to the Cabin and went to sleep around 2:00.

April 29, 2005

Woke up at 7:00, I got ready then went to Topsiders and ate breakfast. I had the same thing as the day before. After breakfast went to the cabin and changed into my swimsuit so I didn't have to later and then went down to deck 4 to watch us pull into Castaway Cay, which is Disney's own private island, it was cute that on this day was dougie's b-day and they kept telling everyone it was his b-day. Went back to the cabin and met up with my dad. At 9:30 we headed off the ship, then picked a place to meet. After I split up with my dad I walked to the family beach and laid in the sun. For lunch went to Cookies BBQ and got a burger and then some ice cream, that good lunch. After lunch I realized I lost my KTTW card so I had my dad go get me another one from the ship after he got me one, I left him to go to the Gazebo for a line dancing thing there good time. At about 2:30 I went for another swim, at 3:00 got a pic of DJ Pike and then met up with my dad by the post office and we boarded the ship and went up to deck ten so he could take a pic of me and told him I was going to miss the last dinner so I could go to see a movie. After that I went to the cabin to shower, then headed down to the Farewell Variety Show, it was good. After that went down to the atrium to check out the scene then went to the Talent Show in Rockin' Bar D. After the talent show went to see A Lot Like Love for like a hour, but I didn't wanna miss 'Til we Meet Again so I left and went to sit in one of those big comfy chairs on deck 4 till like 10:00, went down to atrium on deck 3 because a lot of people where already down there. When I was on the 3rd floor and chip and dale were on the 4th floor, dale started to piont at me for some reason, so I went up to deck 4 and got a pic with chip and dale one last time on the cruise. After that I went back down to deck 3 and around 10:45 or so they had all the characters go on the stairs for one last group photo, so got some pics of that, after that was over went to the internet cafe for one last time, then sat in the promenade lounge for like 5 mins went back to deck 4 sat there for till like 11:45, then headed back to the room took a shower, then watched tv till 12:30 and went to sleep.

April 30, 2005

Woke up around 5:20 because my celly got service back and like decided to receive all the messages I had got that last week so it rang like 5 times playing the some ring tone over and over. Got up and got dressed, packed up the rest of my stuff and then decided to go for one last walk around the ship to get last min pics I didn't get. Around 7:30 or 8:00 went up to topsider to eat one last breakfast there, then after breakfast went back to the room got one last pic of me in it and then of the room itself, then went and walked around the deck and went out on deck 4 one more time. Around 8:30 I met up with my dad by the comfy chairs on deck 4 and just chilled there till people could get off the ship. Then headed down and got in line and got off the ship, we found our bags pretty quickly, headed to where the bus parks and got on the bus to go to the airport. We got to the airport around 9:30, checked in and went in the terminal, I went to a store to buy more disney mints, I love those mints. Went to our gate and by then it was 12:00, got some lunch and waited for our plane, left orlando around 1:30. Got to philly airport, but we had to like wait two hours it seemed to get our luggage, then got a bus back to where we parked our car and drove home, got home around 6:00 or so. Oh yeah and I cryed on the plane when we were taking off, in the car on the way home and when I got home because I missed the cruise so much.

and oh yeah here's my pic site, let me know what you think of the pics please

http://community.webshots.com/user/marla1063

Howdy,

Wow, what a fantastic cruise you had. You must of kept a daily journal to remember so many details about your trip. You have some great pictures too.

We have done 7 disney cruises and have 3 more booked. So I know what you mmean about not wanting to go home again.

I hope that sometime in the near future you will get to go again. Start saving your money for souvenirs now and you'll be ready to go when the time comes.

I have 4 disney banks, one for each coin. I already have over $100.00 in quarters saved.

Glad you had a magical time.

mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,

Wow, what a fantastic cruise you had. You must of kept a daily journal to remember so many details about your trip. You have some great pictures too.

We have done 7 disney cruises and have 3 more booked. So I know what you mmean about not wanting to go home again.

I hope that sometime in the near future you will get to go again. Start saving your money for souvenirs now and you'll be ready to go when the time comes.

I have 4 disney banks, one for each coin. I already have over $100.00 in quarters saved.

Glad you had a magical time.

mom x4,grandma x4

I'm going next august 19, 2006 for my graduation present :) :D

Marla,

As someone that is much older, it was wonderful to read your review through the eyes of a teen. It sounds like you are not only a well traveled young lady, but also very astute at keeping account of each of your travels. Although I have not had time to look through all of your photos yet, I look forward to it at some point in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am curious though, you didn't mention making friends onboard or any activities in the teen area. Are they 'not for you' as you enjoy people watching and relaxing, or is there not much in the way of entertainment at the teen venues? The reason I ask is that there is another post re: things for teens to do onboard (that is not the name of the thread, but the title shows that it is asking for feedback) that I feel your responses could benefit the inital poster (as your review seemed very objective for your age, and I feel you would give them objective insight).

Marla,

As someone that is much older, it was wonderful to read your review through the eyes of a teen. It sounds like you are not only a well traveled young lady, but also very astute at keeping account of each of your travels. Although I have not had time to look through all of your photos yet, I look forward to it at some point in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am curious though, you didn't mention making friends onboard or any activities in the teen area. Are they 'not for you' as you enjoy people watching and relaxing, or is there not much in the way of entertainment at the teen venues? The reason I ask is that there is another post re: things for teens to do onboard (that is not the name of the thread, but the title shows that it is asking for feedback) that I feel your responses could benefit the inital poster (as your review seemed very objective for your age, and I feel you would give them objective insight).

I only went to the teen club like once or twice and the teens are the cruise weren't really my type, they were mostly like all the people in my schoo preppy, which I don't hate, but i don't like that type of people, i mostly hang with pot heads at my school that stand on the sidewalk and go to acme at lunch to smoke and stuff, I don't do any drugs and and only drink or smoke at parties, but i just like hangging with those types of people, and I'm more hardcore, but i still like a disney cruise and I did meet one kid, but we only talked when we passed each other in the hall and stuff

Archived