Belize Aerial Trek

Hi all

My bf and I are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas March 29th. We are interested in doing the Zipline excursion in Belize(not the one with the cave tubing as well) and were interested in what others thought of it. Was it worth the money, did you enjoy it, what did you bring etc??

Thanks for your info.

My wife, I and another couple did the zip line excursion in Belize in November. We had originally booked the combination zip line and cave float, but the water was too high so all the cave floats were cancelled.

The zip line location is adjacent to the caves in the same national park. It is a fairly long bus ride through Belize City and out into the country on bumpy roads. When we got to the park, we had to transfer to another bus to take us over the hill to the specific area the vendor has set up.

This was our first zip line experience- and I am not a fan if heights- so I was fairly nervous. It didn't help that my co-workers kept making jokes about zip lining in a third world country! The tour vendor had all the equipment we needed ready for us and they had locker/bathroom facilities to change clothes if you wanted.

Because of all the cancellations, we had a small group of about a dozen people on the tour. So, the staff to guest ratio was about 1 staff to 3 guests! The zip-line guides were great and took time as we did the short hike into the jungle and up the "mountain" to the first platform to show us some of the plants and fruits growing. They gave everyone good instructions and demonstrated for us. I ended up at the front of the line and going first- not sure how that happened! I became the unofficial photographer for everyone as I was the first one at the lower platform. Make sure to bring a camera or iPhone you can quickly stow to take some pics!

Anyway- it was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it. The lunch they served was good and there were minimal attempts to "up-sell" us during the tour. There was a full store out there of t-shirts etc. And no pressure to buy- which was nice. We would do it again if we went to Belize- and take our 12 & 14 year old daughters!

Edited by KAA951