Nail Poolish ??

marvholly

I buy moderatly priced polishes like Maybelline, cover girl (hate new formula), Loreal. I happen to date the bottles. I have noticed that they deteriorate markedly (don't go on as smooth/evenly or don't wear as long) right around the 1 year from purchase point.

Anyone else see this?

Are better brands (OPI, Essie) better at holding up?

OPI costs a little more, but it is great polish, and besides it is so much fun reading all those cute names and picking it out....never have a problem with it separating in the bottle. Sissy

I've read several times that nail polish expires after a year. I was pretty surprised, because I would think it would hold up longer than foundation/lipstick, etc.!!!

On the other hand, I have some pretty old nailpolish and it's still looks fine, so who knows :) ...

Melissa :)

Believe it or not, I actually use nail polish for some of my art work (gotta love the color selection!). Some of the less expensive brands do tend to thicken after about a year, but I just use some nail polish thinner and that solves that problem.

I use OPI for my nails, and never have experienced any issues. I do keep them in the fridge which may help them last (cooler nail polish doesn't "bubble" in the the summer heat of Houston).

~e

I have never bothered keeping polish in the fridge. By the time the temps here in metro Chicago get into the upper 80's the humidity is usually so high that I have the ac on. The problem with my polishes is not thickening, its going on smoothly and lasting.

Guess I will have to bite the bullet and try OPI the next time ULTA3 runs a coupon. A couple other places around here sell OPI also but never the full range of color selection ULTA3 has. I could use both a polish for my youngest's wedding (thinking NantucKet Mist) and one more fallish).

I swear by OPI but recently, I purchased Sally Hansen beyond Perfect protein nail color. It is wonderful! In the summer, I like to keep a sheer color on my nails. With gardening and being in and out of the water, my manicures chip. This formula resists chipping and cracking and my nails are stronger. I bought it in a color called Sheer Baby Bliss which has a hint of pink in it. The happy bonus is it was less than $5 per bottle.

Archived