Can you have 2 cabins in your name?

SissasMomE

Perhaps things have changed in the last couple of years but in the past you could not have one person booked in two rooms. My husband and I were in an OS. My parents decided to join us. Although the OS could accommodate them I didn't want to ask them to sleep on the pull out sofa and I didn't want to sleep there either. I did want them to be able to enjoy the suite perks with us though. I tried to pay the 3rd and 4th person in the suite which would have allowed them to enjoy the perks, as well as get them an inside to actually sleep in. The OS was plenty big enough for us all during the day. I wasn't trying to cheat NCL or other suite cruisers out of anything. I was fully willing to pay for everything I was asking for. NCL would not allow it. I talked to several people and could not get it done. They told me that I could book it that way but before we actually traveled it would be caught and we would have to give up the room or the 3rd and 4th person in our room.

CC Member Nalagh just did this last year. She booked a S6 and the BD that connected to it. She was booked in both so her parents would have suite benefits but would have a separate bedroom to sleep in. All 4 of them were booked in the S6 and just Nalagh was double booked in the BD.

It is more a problem with NCL people knowing HOW to do it, than the fact it can't be done.

CC Member Nalagh just did this last year. She booked a S6 and the BD that connected to it. She was booked in both so her parents would have suite benefits but would have a separate bedroom to sleep in. All 4 of them were booked in the S6 and just Nalagh was double booked in the BD.

It is more a problem with NCL people knowing HOW to do it, than the fact it can't be done.

Yes it was Nalagh I was referring to in my earlier post. Still watching the studios on my August Breakaway cruise since we have 6 in an S4 and want the suite but maybe put someone there to sleep if prices were to come down.

We booked a balcony on Epic in January (sailing in April) for 2 adults & 2 kids. In February (after final payment) our NCL rep offered to sell us a 2nd cabin & move 1 adult & 1 child to it. We now have 2 bathrooms & 2 connecting rooms for hardly any more $ than 1 room. Am I going to leave my 2 kids in a room all by themselves? I am thinking if I can keep the connecting door open, I might. Will have to wait & see. I think our rep really wanted to book another room & was willing to jump through hoops to move us. It benefited him as well as us. I would absolutely not do it unless they were connecting rooms though.

I am thinking if I can keep the connecting door open, I might. Will have to wait & see.

Our family had two connecting inside cabins on the Sky in 2013. We kept the connecting door open all week by borrowing one of the rubber stoppers the cabin steward uses to keep your front door open while cleaning. We tried using a chair, a hairbrush, and anything else we could think of before asking. He did say he wasn't suppose to do it. . .meaning lend me the door stopper. Just bring a door stop with you and it's no problem.

I am reading this and shaking my head.... first one person CANNOT be booked in two cabins... absolutely cannot be done. Now will NCL allow one of the person to come out of that cabin and go into another with no penalty. I doubt it if the cruise is a month away they probably at 75% penalty. Unless the OP has someone else that wants to join them or NCL will allow them to upgrade to a Suite. It is extremely doubtful they can do anything at this point.

Actually they can. Thanks.

Actually they can. Thanks.

The only way they can is if there is a connecting cabin, at one month out doubt NCL will find them a connecting cabin. Or if they book on line not getting an NCL rep involved there will be some problems at the pier.

The only way they can is if there is a connecting cabin, at one month out doubt NCL will find them a connecting cabin. Or if they book on line not getting an NCL rep involved there will be some problems at the pier.
As you say "they" and "them", do you realize you are speaking to the poster who just did what you are telling her she can't do?

Totally not true. Our cabin and suite do not connect. SMH why you keep insisting you are correct when you are not! You would be much more helpful if you stick to factual information. Perhaps you are confusing Norwegian with another cruise line????