Sanctuary

nama15

It depends on what type of cruise you are on and the ship.

I absolutely loved the Sanctuary on the Coral Panama canal cruise in October-great staff,very personal and frequent service-I felt very pampered and the staff was wonderful. I would have paid twice the $20 per day for that cruise.

Went on the Emerald in January-lackluster to totally nonexistent service on that cruise-not worth the price at all. Although it was nice to be out of the crazy pool scene on board there was nothing special about that Sanctuary. We were pretty much ignored the entire time we were there. No one EVER asked if we needed a refill on our water and no one even checked in with us when we arrived and we were ignored the entire time we were there. I do think service does vary greatly on each ship.

I tipped the staff on the Coral quite nicely and could have cared less about the staff on the Emerald-never even knew their names!!! They got no tips from me.

The only time I saw them was for the mandatory tea service. That was it,period.

So, choose carefully when you book the Sanctuary.

I just got off the Emerald yesterday and bought cruise length passes for DH and myself. Worth it? Yes, even though the price had doubled. The service wasn't quite as good what we had enjoyed 5-years ago, but all I had to do was look around and someone came running. The 3 young men that were our Sanctuary Stewards were very nice. One did not speak much English, and seemed rather shy, another was on his first contract and only 3-months in. He is probably still learning the ropes, but each one greeted us in the morning with a smile, and hugs goodbye on the last day.

I like the comfort, the (Mostly) quiet, and knowing I can get up and come back hours later to "My" lounger.

If you want for just a sea day get up early to get in line. My recommendation is no later than 6:30.