Floor tiles

MVoelker

When we were on Carnival Magic a crew member pointed out to someone near us that if they ever got turned around on the ship (front/back) to look at the tiles. They were designed so that the triangle points in the colors always pointed forward. Has anyone else ever heard or noticed this? Just curious?

When we were on Carnival Magic a crew member pointed out to someone near us that if they ever got turned around on the ship (front/back) to look at the tiles. They were designed so that the triangle points in the colors always pointed forward. Has anyone else ever heard or noticed this? Just curious?

Regardless of which ship we're on, I normally don't have any problems finding my around. I've got a pretty good sense of direction. My DW, on the other hand, seems to always get turned around. I've tried, to no avail, to point out that the EVEN numbered cabins are on the port side of the ship, and the ODD numbered cabins are on the starboard side. It doesn't help. I might as well be talking to her in a foreign language.:rolleyes:

Thanks. I'm sure I'll forget it as soon as I get on the ship. :D

Don't worry, still happens to me. Me and my mom thought we were walking to our room all the way aft, when it just looked weird. Nope - we were ALL THE WAY FORWARD. That is a long dang walk late at night in heels, let me tell you. But, hey, we were on the right side of the ship! LOL!

So even numbers=port side=left side (if on the ship facing forward)?

Hmmmm, I think I can remember this.....

even, port, left - all have 4 letters.

Edited by LadyDAC

I always bring a 8 by 11 paper sheet that I tape to the inside cabin door. At the right and left top ends, I have typed some inch long lines and then when on the ship, I hand write lines at the ends to form arrows. (pointed Fore & Aft) So al least when we set out from the cabin, we reference the sheet and we know if we are headed to the front or back of the ship. When you get to the elevator, they do have a ship map that will also confirm Fore and Aft. Now the question remains. Why do I still have directional problems? So now I will follow this post to see if I can also add the tile solution.

I am so going to look for those tiles! Because every single time-and i mean every time-i come out of the elevator and turn the wrong way!!! And don't even start on me trying to find my table after being in the buffet line. Circle,circle, circle! About the last day of the cruise i can finally find the showroom the first time.

It is absolutely true about the tiles or carpet. There is always something on them to indicate which way to go. I remember on one ship it had to do with the way the fish were swimming on the carpet design.