When to buy the soda card - Carnival Celebration

Cyndiu

I know I read somewhere that you should wait until leaving port to buy the soda card. Not sure why, maybe tax? Anyway, does anyone know if that's true or if I should buy the soda cards as soon as we board? And, do we buy them at one of the bars?

I know I read somewhere that you should wait until leaving port to buy the soda card. Not sure why, maybe tax? Anyway, does anyone know if that's true or if I should buy the soda cards as soon as we board? And, do we buy them at one of the bars?

Its, the exact same price regardless of when you purchase it. Carnival does allow you to bring on soda, so unless you drink alot that might be a better option for you.

More Info on the card from the carnival site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

What is the Fountain Fun Card?

We will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). The "Fountain Fun Card" can be purchased at any bar on board the ship. In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

I know this applies to Florida ports, if you purchase while in port you are charged Florida sales tax-not too much. So, if you would buy a soda prior to sailing then the cost of the one soda will probably cover the tax-then go ahead and buy the card prior to sailing.

I also heard that if you wait to buy the soda card till after you leave port that you will not be charged tax.

• 7 months later...

Archived