holiday inn express

kruise runner

Hi Folks

This is our first time in San Juan. We have booked the Holiday Inn Express for night before our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. We not familiar with San Juan at all. . Any info on Hotel or transportation will be appreciated. Thanks. Happy Cruising .

KRUISE KAT:)

It is a block of Ashford Ave. Easy walking to restaurants and beach area and shopping.

Plenty of taxi's outside, walk, bus line on Ashford.

Old San Juan about 3 miles from there.

average hotel, no big lobby, not real fancy but moderate accommodations in a safe area

• 2 months later...

Have any of you ever stayed here before? I've read very mixed reviews on other travel sites but we got such a ridiculously good price that we booked it. Hopefully it will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised on the Carnival Valor on June 1st. We stayed at this hotel for 2 days before and 1 day after. It is a clean and basic room. The staff were very helpful and most of the renovations appear to be done. Our main complaint was the irregularity of hot water. Taxi to the pier is around $19 and to go into Old San Juan $15. I think from the airport it was $23(includes $2 for 2 pieces of luggage). Taxi fares are calculated by zones and they can tell you the flat rate before you leave.

Thanks for the great info! I'm not overly worried about hot water. Just want a clean, safe hotel with a decent bed for the pre-cruise stay. Presuming when you say $19 for a taxi that it's for the whole car and not just per person?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taxi fares are calculated based on what zone you are traveling to and from. Also they will also add $1 per each piece of luggage they handle. The price is per trip whether you have 2 people or 4 people. Every taxi we rode in was a van so they could handle more than 2 people. Look at the post "valor out of san juan" in one of the replies someone attached a taxi fare sheet from the airport. This should help give you some ideas on fares. Have a great trip. We loved San Juan and all of the ports on our cruise.