Does anyone know the itinerary for the 5 night precruise southbound

grandma101

I first thought I would do the 4 night pre-cruise southbound on Celebrity but now I am thinking of the 5 night. My main Hotel I want to make sure we stay overnight is at Hotel Alyeska. I am also thinking that like many say it is best to do the 2 days in Denali to do the Tundra Wilderness tour instead of the Nature History Tour since we will be having family that have never been there. My husband and I did the 6 night one a few years ago but as I remember we still only had one night in Denali but we stayed in Fairbanks for 2 nights. I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer. Does the 5 night (with 2 nights in Denali ) include the Tundra Wilderness tour or do I still have to upgrade it to get that. I am figuring you do have time to do it rather than the 1 night because you do it on the day you are there between the 2 night stay. Also does anyone know what Hotel they (Celebrity) stays in at Denali and do they self Laundry there? I also want to know are you on the train 2 days instead of one like the 4 day. And do we definitely stay at the Hotel Ayeska while in Girdwood. Sorry for so many questions but I want to book early but also want to make sure I am clear on how many days and the right tour package I and my family will be happier doing. I can not find out when the itineraries will be out for this cruise line.

The 5B does, 1 night Anchorage, 2 nights Denali, 1 night Talkneeta and 1 night Aleyska. That's what I am looking at! When would you be going. The 2015 doesn't list a Denali hotel. But, Celebrity said they now use the Grand Denali Lodge and it will likely be the same.

Why not skip the "cruisetour", rent a car and put together your own trip? This will give you more lodging options, and you'll definitely be able to get to Alyeska!

And instead of the Tundra Wilderness Tour, you get get the cheaper shuttle to Eielson Visitor Center which would put you further into the park with more chances to see wildlife.

We were suppose to be on the Millenium last September(it was canceled), now we're on it this June and doing the 4 day pre-cruise with 2 nights in Denali. Last year we were booked on the History tour this year it's the Tundra Wilderness. Last year I think the hotel there was the McKinley Village Lodge. I haven't heard for this year.