Please tell me 14 y/o DD about Circle C

Susiecruisey

she will have fun, I promise. On our last cruise, the 14 y/o DD was at first hesitant and saying stuff like "Im not gonna meet anyone I like, and itll be boring" (the normal teenage girl angst stuff). Anyway, after the first day, we hardly saw her except when her and her new friends she made would walk by us. She still keeps in touch with them. We went on a cruise in 2011, same issues, same statements, same results and she keeps in touch with one or two from that cruise. She will have fun.

Joyride37

On our last cruise, my son had only just turned 12. I barely saw him for the cruise, as he was hanging out with his new friends. There were even nights that I was in the room asleep before he was. He'll be 14 by the time we cruise again (in November), and I know he's looking forward to hanging out again.

Have to second the advice to go the first night - it makes a HUGE difference! Our first cruise with kids, the girls just didn't "get it" and couldn't figured out how to join the activities. Last year, they went the first night, met people, and that was that - we saw them at check in times and for dinner. They are already making plans for this summer!

Lots of scavenger hunts of various and sundry types - this got rather goofy and is probably the source of many of the "roaming hoards of teenager" complaints you read. Dodgeball, dances, parties, video games, karaoke, you name it. The kids were out partying later than we were most nights!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

This will be the first time we've taken the girls on a Carnival Cruise and I am a bit nervous. 1 - these two ( our 3rd and 4th DDs - sort of hate to be together. (16.5 and barely 14). But they will be in different programs by what I've read. I'm nervous about them coming and going by themselves. On our last Disney Cruise our older 2 DDs were 14 and 16 but they were ALWAYS together which made me feel a lot better. I'm mostly worried about the 14 yr old. She's pretty naïve. I was thinking I'd have to secretly stalk her. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I understand your question. Finding information on Circle C can be trying on the boards.

DD just finished her first Cruise in Circle C, (after being in Camp Carnival for 6 years), and loved it. Yes, have them go the first night.

Afterwards, Circle C becomes a meeting place, not only for the activities offered, but at any time of the day. Here is the schedule for circle C on Carnival Magic. Most Camp schedules are similar for the same class of ship. I will also add the counselor in charge of Circle C knew where my child was at all times, even when she was not at a certain activity.

Hope this helps.

C001.jpg

C002.jpg

C003.jpg

C004.jpg

This is good to know. We will be taking our 3rd cruise but it will be the 1st for our 14 y/o son in July. We've already told him we expect him to join us for excursions and Cruise Elegant nights. Other than that, we don't expect to see too much of him.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

My son had a bad experience on 1 cruise because it was during the school year and there was not many kids on board. When we went in the summer, he had a blast. Went on the first night and met lots of friends, then went to most of the "main" activities around 8pm. Otherwise, CC was a meeting place. I advise sending your youngun the first night and see what happens. And be sure to talk to him/her about who they met and what they did. Of course, you know your kid and whether stalking is required. :) If you have other kids, ask them to help watch out for the other even if in different groups. My older son could tell me some of what my daughter was doing as he saw her and who she was with at various times through the day.

cool or not, she should go the first night to meet the other kids her age - they can choose to just hang out around the pool from then. Also she should sign up in case she want to do the scavenger hunt. (If you don't sign up then anything that sounds remotely fun or cool is off limits later.)

My son is 5, I have to drag him out of camp carnival.

I couldn't agree more with previous replies. Our two boys used Circle C in very different ways...the 13 yo basically just met friends at the "meet-up" the first night and never used the club after that. He hung around with those friends the entire cruise and had the time of his life. The younger one (who was not quite 12 but they let him do Circle C instead of being with preschoolers) did all of the activities and spent more time actually in the Club and also had a blast. I have friends whose kids have zero interest in the club and won't even check it out, and I think they are missing out on a great opportunity.

From my 13yo who sailed in January, first time in Circle C group. She spent a lot of time at Circle C as we missed 2 of our ports and had rain on the 3rd. We had ALOT of sea time :

Going the first night is a little important, but not essential since you have plenty of chances to meet people at anytime. A lot of the kids did not come on the first night. Out of the 4 kids that I "clicked" with the best only 1 of them was there on the first night.

Most of the time the kids just hang out and play video games. There were sometimes that we did quizzes, karaoke, scavenger hunts and went to shows together. There were a lot of scavenger hunts.

She stays in touch ( mail and email) with a few of the kids. She is a relatively outgoing homeschooled girl and while she isn't really isn't your "typical teen", she does mesh well with just about anyone. Hope you have a great cruise and that your daughter makes some great friends at Circle C.