Ft lauderdale port parking

Smallfamily

We usually leave our car at a hotel that allows it and shuttles us. This time we want to park at the port. Looks like you can drop off your bags before you park but what about after the cruise? Is there somewhere my husband could bring the car to me and our bags at the curb so we don't have to handle dragging them to parking? Is this the dreaded taxi area that is so bad there or is there somewhere else ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually leave our car at a hotel that allows it and shuttles us. This time we want to park at the port. Looks like you can drop off your bags before you park but what about after the cruise? Is there somewhere my husband could bring the car to me and our bags at the curb so we don't have to handle dragging them to parking? Is this the dreaded taxi area that is so bad there or is there somewhere else ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At $20/day I find the port parking is too high. 7 days = $120. I use Premier or Global. ( google them. In Lauderdale it's only about 2 miles max to the port. Cost me $5/day + a $5 tip each way maybe tip more for 2. (total $45-$55) but they give you a number to call when you return and the shuttle is usually there in 15 min. I get Priority 1 When i get off the ship so the shuttle has no problem finding me.

There has been a lot of negative posts about many bad experiences with Premier in both Ft Lauderdale and Miami. NO way would I risk them.

We used Park & Go right at the port which was about half of what the port charges to park. We had a great experience and would certainly use them again.

We did have to leave our keys and let them valet our car.......so if that's not something you want to do you can use the Park & Fly also near the port where you do keep your own keys.

To get the best rate you must book online.......

Edited by GTO-Girl