Never again on the Liberty

Prettycee13

I can't believe you said to hold the parents responsible for their kids.... really??? What is this world coming too..... And my cabin "is" the only one that counts on the ship... I can't believe you won't respect that...

OK, almost got that out without busting my gut... LOL

Oh yeah, almost forgot... I too am booked on the Liberty next Jan and looking forward to it. Have been on the Freedom (sister ship) and looking forward to the upgrades done to the Liberty.

Steve

Edited by snc_cam

I can't believe you said to hold the parents responsible for their kids.... really??? What is this world coming too..... And my cabin "is" the only one that counts on the ship... I can't believe you won't respect that...

OK, almost got that out without busting my gut... LOL

Oh yeah, almost forgot... I too am booked on the Liberty next Jan and looking forward to it. Have been on the Freedom (sister ship) and looking forward to the upgrades done to the Liberty.

Steve

Unlike some, we haven't been on EVERY Carnival ship in the fleet, but the Liberty has become our favorite (so far). Maybe it was all of the research and planning ahead of time, but our last two cruises on the Liberty have been the best, most relaxing stress-free cruises we've been on. Okay, at least some of the credit has to go to the excellent crew and staff. For us, it just has the perfect "vibe". Up next is the Breeze. Can't wait.:D

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom and NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

1) you can use a not clean toilet. A nice shiny bowl is great and all, but it's intended purpose is not inhibited by not being scrubbed daily.

2) Many people keep toilet brushes in their home bathrooms. Do you feel obligated to scrub toilets before/after you use them at friend's or family's homes because the presence of the brush commands it? (If so, can I get you to make that a thing, so I can invite people over and get my toilets cleaned for me?)

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left a toilet bowl cleaner in our bathroom and NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

We had a Mardi Gras party that led to lido deck. The party was suppose to end at 11:00 which I'm guessing it did but there was no announcement for adults to finish the party in one of the night clubs. When we noticed the behavior going on we looked for security and everyone was gone cruise director, entertainment staff, everyone. Their were grown drunk women rubbing themselves on little boys basically making a sandwich with them. No one was there to stop it. They were taking the caution when wet floor signs and doing a limbo line and then throwing it at each other. again no one there to stop it. At one point a little 10 year old boy was on the 10th floor running along the lounge chairs right next to the rails. Now I know people need to be responsible for there children but come on that could have been a bad situation. Finally at 1 am we went to guest services to let them know what was going on and I was told I was not the first to complain and it was a problem for security and they weren't doing there job!! So we went back to the lido deck and they did close the bars but I thought what about those kids??

The crew was not friendly at to me it looked like they were going through the motions. There were 4 crew members that were very nice they were Dj Spike, Dominikos ( busboy at the buffet) and the comedians Cowboy Bill and Happy Cole. Other than that the ports were beautiful!!

So happy cruising to all of you and good luck if you go on the liberty!!! Watch your children!!

Sorry you had a bad experience but I'm a little confused. Did your steward actually say "clean your bathroom" or did he just keep forgetting the TP? Seems you could have taken care of that immediately at guest services.

As for the scene you described with the women and the “little boys”, why didn’t you say something? Watching little boys be molested is not something I would let slide with just a complaint to the staff. My bet is the kid's parents were close by and just letting it happen.

As for the other ones running around that late at night, I feel your pain but some parents get on the ship and cut their young kids lose while they go get drunk. I have seen it on every cruise no matter what time of year. It ticks me off as well, but there is not much you can do about it.

WE CRUISED ON THE LIBERTY LAST MAY AND IT WAS ONE OF OUR BEST CRUISES!!!! WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER.:D

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!

I AM 50, AND MY DH IS 51. WE TOOK OUR DAUGHTER WHO IS NOW 24, AND HER FRIEND, WHO ALSO LOVED IT.:p

Ok, let's be real here. Most 17 year old boys would love the chance to hook up with an older woman. Say it's wrong... blah, blah, blah, but a 17-year old would be a legend to his friends... just sayin'.

In actuality, though, no one, most likely, actually got busy with any underage boys on this cruise. The last cruise I was on, I remember sitting next to a table with 3 ladies that complained about anything and everything from the moment they stepped onboard. It was borderline staff abuse from where I sat. Just go, have a good time and let others do their thing, too.

So you're saying it's alright to go after a 17 yr. old boy? Would it be alright for a older man to go after a 17 yr. old girl?

I doubt the boys were underage but if they were it is illegal in the United States, whether they "would be a legend" or not.

So you're saying it's alright to go after a 17 yr. old boy? Would it be alright for a older man to go after a 17 yr. old girl?

I doubt the boys were underage but if they were it is illegal in the United States, whether they "would be a legend" or not.

What he is saying it is a 17 year old boys greatest dream.

I'd like to be clear on what you mean by 'little'boys? If grown women are rubbing themselves all over children under 17/18 this is obviously a crime plus I have to wonder where the kids parents were and For sure CCL should have gotten on security to intervene.

If the boys were young adults then to be honest, no crime, no foul.

I think the crime is that this never happened to me when I was 18 years old.

I concur that the complaints seem nit picky and could have been resolved with some simple communication.

We are on the Liberty in June and have no worries that we will be treated well and have a great time

I was on the Liberty last month and had a great time. No offense, but i find your complaints nitpicky. I don't care what other people do. They're having fun, enjoying their vacation. As for the toilet paper, it's an honest mistake. call your room steward and he'll bring some right down. I don't understand why you wanted the lido party over at 11... If you're looking for quiet time, the lido is not the place to be.

I disagree with you comments. Everyone want to go on a cruise to have a good time. But a cruise ship is a close environment and you have to respect your fellow cruisers. Poor behavior should never be tolerated.

What he is saying it is a 17 year old boys greatest dream.

When I was 17 it was not my dream to be sandwiched to two old ladies. It was my dream to be sandwiched by two 17 yo girls. ;)

Edited by EZ4

I was on the Liberty last month and had a great time. No offense, but i find your complaints nitpicky. I don't care what other people do. They're having fun, enjoying their vacation. As for the toilet paper, it's an honest mistake. call your room steward and he'll bring some right down. I don't understand why you wanted the lido party over at 11... If you're looking for quiet time, the lido is not the place to be.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt and the ship changes course to take an injured passenger to meet the Coast Guard. Then it affects everyone's vacation when they miss the next port. We have been on a couple of cruises where groups of people ran wild on the ship. I don't want to see someone get hurt whether they are sober or drunk. It's disappointing when security doesn't do its job.

I think the crime is that this never happened to me when I was 18 years old.

I concur that the complaints seem nit picky and could have been resolved with some simple communication.

We are on the Liberty in June and have no worries that we will be treated well and have a great time

I am sure all men feel the same... No doubt about it. Like I said, if these women were working on some young adults, which is most likely what the OP saw, no harm. And if they truly were 'kids' that we're being 'sandwiched', then the OP didn't do enough to take care of the situation IMO.

Would you have settled for one 22 year old???

When my husband was 17, I was 24. :eek:

I didn't meet him until he was 26 though ... I wasn't in the habit of trolling the high schools for a date. Lol

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

When my husband was 17, I was 24. :eek:

I didn't meet him until he was 26 though ... I wasn't in the habit of trolling the high schools for a date. Lol

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Ha, when mine was 17 I was 25!!! But I didn't meet him until he was older and was I but no men my age EVER asked me out...ever..

Hey you know most likely it was the 18yo's trolling for the cougars...yes it's true. I know some hate to admit it..but there are young men and older women who enjoy each other's company...whether for a nite or a lifetime..oh and vice versa....They know it's going to be a fun cruise without any fatal attraction episodes. You know the 17yo who finds her soul mate on a cruise ship in a club with too much booze and not enough brains even without the booze. (Not all young women for certain, but some...yes I am sure you've know them). haha

Thanks for the mini review.........I'm sailing the Liberty this July and now I'm thinking that I have made a great choice. Most of the deck parties and clubs have been pretty dull on my last few cruises, sounds like they know how to throw a party on the Liberty.

Thanks for the mini review.........I'm sailing the Liberty this July and now I'm thinking that I have made a great choice. Most of the deck parties and clubs have been pretty dull on my last few cruises, sounds like they know how to throw a party on the Liberty.

I will be on the Liberty this April and I agree with you the deck parties I have been to in the past several years have not been that good. But the deck parties on the imagination and the sensation were a blast those ships are made for deck parties. So Liberty here I come !!!!

Edited by Shipbound

I will be on the Liberty this April and I agree with you the deck parties I have been to in the past several years have not been that good. But the deck parties on the imagination and the sensation were a blast those ships are made for deck parties. So Liberty here I come !!!!

We will be on the Liberty in April too!! I, for one, look forward to the intoxicated people and loud parties... makes me feel young! :D

We will be on the Liberty in April too!! I, for one, look forward to the intoxicated people and loud parties... makes me feel young! :D

I too will be on the Liberty in April... I will also probably one of those "intoxicated people" but hey, it's good entertainment.

My family and I just got back from the Liberty it was a 7 day cruise. Let me start with our room steward left.......NO toilet paper. Very embarrassing and awkward. He basically told us clean your toilet or you cant use it!!!

Deja Vue. We jut got back from a 7-day cruise on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas and twice our cabin attendant left us with on 1/2 a roll of toilet paper and "no" spare roll. At least we had 1/2 a roll more than you did :p.

Seriously though, we went and asked another attendant for an extra roll because we couldn't find us. Left the automatic tip in place but didn't for the first time in 17 cruise leave an extra tip on the last night and when we filled out the survey let them know what happened.

While I stop cruising on the Navigator because of this. No, I have a B2B planned on her this November.

As for the older women rubbing on "boys" yes, you should have taken photos and let the security know. If nothing was done then you could have sent a copy to the any local authority once back home. And it sounds like you cruised during Spring Break/Mardi Gras so you should expect a little more wild behavior.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Ohhh, Older women rubbing (there/their) private parts on little boys. That implies nudity and small children, which wouldn't have been on the main deck.

More realistically, a couple of young men on the dance floor being silly with a couple of older women? Ever see a grandma on the dance floor at a wedding? Laughing and smiling while she shakes her booty with the kids? I see no harm/no foul.