Some loyalty at last?

Many of you know I took an anti-facebook stance, mainly because I didn't want pestering from old School pals or work colleagues.

A month or so I succumbed, but joined with the joeholiday alias just so I could check out what happens on the Thomson groups.

I asked the question on the official page about how they would recognise me as a repeat guest when I filled out the online form mentioned in the e-ticket email.

This was the reply:

Hi Joe, That's right - we will be making gestures such as complimentary gifts in passengers' cabins, or vouchers towards any Thomson Airways purchases on your way to your cruise. The customer recognition scheme will recognise customers who've travelled with us previously, who haven't filled this embarkation form - but of course, we'd like interested customers to register their interest in this.

Since my post some have been on saying that they have filled this form out but never had any recognition, one said they had a voucher for a discount in the salon, but I think that's commonplace anyway.

Has anyone else doing this embarkation form had any gestures recently?

Didn't fill in an embarkation form but on last cruise at Christmas there was a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin as a thank you! Only problem was neither DH or I drink wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We didn't fill in a form either but were given canapés every night of our 22 night cruise. To tell the truth we had no idea why we got them until we got home and someone said it was for loyalty. I know many of the others who were onboard have cruised more than we have and they didn't get anything :confused:

Edited by Little Nell

But Surely Joe, they SHOULD know how many times we have been on their cruises :rolleyes:

Other companies do :rolleyes:

I said as much on the fb page, but they ignored it.

At least one or two people get something, is it just pot luck?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

A loyalty scheme should be transparent, fair and consistent.

This is none of these. It's an apology for a loyalty scheme and certainly doesn't fool me - just some cheap 'thank you' (if they happen to randomly recognise you as a repeat passenger).

As a company I'd be too embarrassed to offer it up to customers as such. Fraser's description of this scheme in his Q&A session was frankly almost laughable. Better to do nothing than pretend you have a loyalty scheme - at least one which would be recognisable to any other cruise line! It borders on insulting.

It's not a tough decision Thomson - a % discount on onboard spend increasing with number of cruises taken or a bottle of fizz after 25 cruises (47 weeks on board)! Hmmm.... which should I choose? Perhaps P&O

Edited by kruzseeka

We didn't fill in a form either but were given canapés every night of our 22 night cruise. To tell the truth we had no idea why we got them until we got home and someone said it was for loyalty. I know many of the others who were onboard have cruised more than we have and they didn't get anything :confused:

We were the same never filled in the form in either and were given a plate of fancy chocs and a plate of canapes on our Canaries cruise. Also received an invitation to the hotel manageress table for the New Years eve party for being repeat cutomers:confused::confused:. Rather have a free upgrade or discount off the next cruise:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

the link to the form that identifies you as a repeat customer arrives with your (emailed) tickets

its here

https://cruise.embarkation.thomson.co.uk/nlp

I'm guessing that if you are embarking an a cruise soon there is no harm in filling it in anyway? regardless of how you booked?

thanks gro

I,ll look out for that form when my tixs come

Edited by Jim The Scot

We were the same never filled in the form in either and were given a plate of fancy chocs and a plate of canapes on our Canaries cruise. Also received an invitation to the hotel manageress table for the New Years eve party for being repeat cutomers:confused::confused:. Rather have a free upgrade or discount off the next cruise:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

had an invite waiting in cabin on arrival to the staff captains table every trip last year - dont do formal so not much use to me -unfortunately unable to redeem invite for cash (or drink), no monetary value they said