http://www.santoriniplanet.com

Ewoodspark

The Jade arrives at Santorini at 13.30 and then I beleive tenders to the island to either the old port of Fira or the new port of Athinos. I understand that anybody booking a NCL tour will be able to get on the first tenders with their tour. However, I have booked a private trip with [URL="http://www.santoriniplanet.com"]www.santoriniplanet.com[/URL], which leaves at 14.30 by boat to the new port and then by bus to Oia. Does the tendering operation allow passengers on private trips to get on an early tender or is it a case of queuing up at 09.00 by the pool and waiting to get an ealy tender ticket. Any ideas anybody who have been to Santorini?

[quote name='Ewoodspark']The Jade arrives at Santorini at 13.30 and then I beleive tenders to the island to either the old port of Fira or the new port of Athinos. I understand that anybody booking a NCL tour will be able to get on the first tenders with their tour. However, I have booked a private trip with [URL="http://www.santoriniplanet.com"]www.santoriniplanet.com[/URL], which leaves at 14.30 by boat to the new port and then by bus to Oia. Does the tendering operation allow passengers on private trips to get on an early tender or is it a case of queuing up at 09.00 by the pool and waiting to get an ealy tender ticket. Any ideas anybody who have been to Santorini?[/QUOTE]

Ncl allow all their guests with excursions booked off first. I personally feel that it's very difficult to get off early due to the vast number of people wanting to do the exact same thing. The tenders take a wee while to load and return but they do run constantly. Santorini is on the cliff and there's only 3 ways up. Cable car, donkey- which I'd never consider due to the cruelty, and walking up the treacherous path. You can take a speedboat to Oia and bus from there. There's always huge line ups especially if there's other ships in at the same time. I guess a private excursion will avoid this. Good luck. It is a beautiful island. Make sure you get an early tender ticket. The queues for theses are horrendous too. Edited by lizboyle