Amsterdam - Hawaii Cruise - insight

madaroch

My family and I have done many cruises over the years and never really have had to much problems with sea sickness, however, we've only ever done the Caribbean sea and maybe a day in the Atlantic. Anybody have any insight on what we can expect in a 4 day crossing to Hawaii in the Pacific crossing. Good, bad, or indifferent.

First couple of days of any cruise and I'm a little funny, but handle it well enough with the seabands.

Thanks for your input.

On the San Diego to Hawaii leg of our cruise in February the first 3 days out were very rough. One of the bridge instructors said it was the roughest of all 33 cruises she has been on and she missed reporting for instructor duties 2 days. I think the best you can say is it is unpredictable.

Gary

We cruised to Hawaii on the Statendam last December. The first few days out from San Diego were quite rough. The ship was late coming into port for the cruise right before us due to high seas as well. However, on our return from Hawaii we had great weather and calm seas. We actually arrived in port early.

I agree with Gary. The weather seems to be unpredictable. I do believe that the despite it's name, the Pacific can be much more volitle than the Atlantic and the Caribbean is the calmest of the three. I believe this is directly related to the size of the bodies of water.

My best advice is to be prepared and expect to be plesantly surprised.

Linda

Archived