When in Bermuda, don't miss....

SpokaneDan

I have a general plan for our visit next month - Beach path, walking tour of St. George, lighthouse. Looking for subjective personal opinions on the "must do's" on this island - anything from attractions, shops, food/restaurant, and activities. Thank you in advance.

"Don't miss" taking a break for lunch at the original Swizzle Inn. Can easily be reached via bus from St. George (or Hamilton). This may not look like much, but the Bailey's Bay Fish Sandwich was absolutely delicious and THE best fish sandwich we've ever eaten. And it paired well with the Rum Swizzle. :)

Have a great trip!

LunchatSwizzleInn.jpg

Don't miss Fort Hamilton! Fort Hamilton is a free attraction to visit. You’ll cross over a 25-foot long drawbridge over a deep dry moat and into the nicely manicured grounds of the Fort. There are several large cannons and easy access to the upper elevations of the Fort which afford beautiful views of downtown Hamilton and the Bay. (For your best picture opportunities of downtown, go in the morning. However, you’ll get better pictures in the moat in the early afternoon as there will be fewer shadows). We highly recommend exploring the underground passages and walking the moat which is now a nicely planted garden area with lots of foliage and a pathway. The only way down to the moat is via a 108-step lighted stairway from the middle of the Fort’s grounds to the lighted underground passageway and finally out a doorway into the moat. If you like to explore Forts, this free adventure is tough to beat!

Full, VERY detailed 7-day Bermuda review with images:http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

I have a general plan for our visit next month - Beach path, walking tour of St. George, lighthouse. Looking for subjective personal opinions on the "must do's" on this island - anything from attractions, shops, food/restaurant, and activities. Thank you in advance.

Horseshoe Bay, St George, the fast ferry ride to explore Hamilton, Fort St. Catherine and the Royal Naval Dockyard, which is where most cruise ships dock. You will love Bermuda.

A few years ago, my DH and I toured the botanical gardens outside of Hamilton near the hospital. It's accessible by bus. At the time there was no fee. I am not sure if there is one now, but if you like flowers, this is a great place to see! Listen for the little yellow birds calling Kiss-ka-dee. That is what they are called too. We thought they were some sort of rare bird, but the locals told me they are like pigeons!!

Goolge the gardens and you'll find info and pics on youtube.