Suggestion for Hotels in New Jersey

pampered101

Hi Everyone,

This is our first adventure on Celebrity and our first trip to New Jersey. We are flying into Newark Liberty the day before our June 1st Bermuda cruise. Does anyone know of a hotel that does airport pick-up and port drop-off?

If not, is there a hotel that at least does the airport pick-up and is it cheaper to take a taxi to the port or buy the transfers from Celebrity?

Thanks for the input.

Could you provide more details? Budget? Number of people? Arrival time? How early do you like to go to the port? Do you have any NYC sightseeing plans?

Newark is very much a DIY place. All the airport hotels have airport shuttles. Very few hotels offer a port shuttle and some of them we don't recommend. Most folks without a car book a car service to go to the port for $50-60.

The airport hotels tend to be very isolated without any nearby services. Some hotels offer free breakfast, but have no restaurant. Some hotels are full service, but you are really limited to the hotel offerings.

Did the Bermuda cruise last year. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Staten Island, rate included transport from hotel and to the ship. Same people own HI and the Hilton Garden a Inn next door. Great people and staff. Had dinner at Lorenzo's in Garden inn. Old time Italian. There on Sat night. They had live piano, owners went table by table greeting one and all. Made us feel at home and I felt like I was visiting the Sopranos! Wonderful hospitality. We had walked over to restaurant not far, but after traveling all day, my 84 year old mother was exhausted and couldn't walk back. ( I was in fear she was having a heart attack). I asked at front desk for the shuttle and he came right away. My mom made it back and with some meds and rest was ok. Had a great cruise. Do not hesitate to book either one.

It's just my husband and I and we'll be arriving late afternoon so no time for sightseeing. Since it's only one night and I haven't checked to see what hotel prices normally run I hadn't considered the budget. The last time we stayed in NYC we spent a little over 200.00 a night.

I guess I'll start by checking out the Hampton Inn and the Hilton Garden.

Thanks.