Flight at 11:00 am In Newark

DANtheFIREMAN

1-Ok....Probably it was answer before....A flight at 11:00 am would it be considered safe for return from the Quantum ? I know it say 08:00 arrival but ships normally arrived around 5-6 in the morning in Florida so i presume in would be the same in Port Liberty ??

2- I know its cold at the end of February but how long it take to reach warm weather on a 9 days cruise ??

Thank you

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

1-Ok....Probably it was answer before....A flight at 11:00 am would it be considered safe for return from the Quantum ? I know it say 08:00 arrival but ships normally arrived around 5-6 in the morning in Florida so i presume in would be the same in Port Liberty ??

2- I know its cold at the end of February but how long it take to reach warm weather on a 9 days cruise ??

Thank you

11:00 is definitely gambling on everything going perfectly. I would not book anything before noon, and that might be pushing it.

Edited by bayonnejoe

New Jersey isn't Florida. If it says the ship arrives at 8 am, then bank on the ship arriving at 8 am. Remember, you have a lot further to sail than the Florida-based ships...

You're looking at the 10:55 AC flight, right?? Then I wouldn't do it. There are 3 UA flights that follow, take one of those... and actually, if you're talking February 2015, can you even book these flights yet? You have time to see if there's a seat sale or something.

New Jersey isn't Florida. If it says the ship arrives at 8 am, then bank on the ship arriving at 8 am. Remember, you have a lot further to sail than the Florida-based ships...

You're looking at the 10:55 AC flight, right?? Then I wouldn't do it. There are 3 UA flights that follow, take one of those... and actually, if you're talking February 2015, can you even book these flights yet? You have time to see if there's a seat sale or something.

Thank you...It does make sense......yes I was looking at the AC flight at 10:55, I know i'm early...but starting to look at deals now..UA flights are not out yet...so i guess I will wait a bit...I know Porter got good flying times too....It is our first time out from Port Liberty....

Thank you...It does make sense......yes I was looking at the AC flight at 10:55, I know i'm early...but starting to look at deals now..UA flights are not out yet...so i guess I will wait a bit...I know Porter got good flying times too....It is our first time out from Port Liberty....

With Porter you would need to connect in YTZ, which doesn't make much sense (and this is from a person who just booked a flight for this August from ZRH to YQB via IST...).

Personally, if I were you, I'd be getting the American Express Aerogold card - 30,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in first 3 months, first-year free - the miles + about $180/person in taxes/fees gets you to EWR and back.

Edited by Twickenham

With Porter you would need to connect in YTZ, which doesn't make much sense (and this is from a person who just booked a flight for this August from ZRH to YQB via IST...).

Personally, if I were you, I'd be getting the American Express Aerogold card - 30,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in first 3 months, first-year free - the miles + about $180/person in taxes/fees gets you to EWR and back.

Thank you for the advices.............But I fly from Ottawa so the jump in Toronto its not to bad....i only have to wait an hour between Flight..... :) But for sure i would like a direct flight from Ottawa and return......

But............How about the weather in late Feb from Port Liberty...how long before we hit the warm zone at sea ?

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

Thank you for the advices.............But I fly from Ottawa so the jump in Toronto its not to bad....i only have to wait an hour between Flight..... :) But for sure i would like a direct flight from Ottawa and return......

But............How about the weather in late Feb from Port Liberty...how long before we hit the warm zone at sea ?

Ah, well if you're going to YOW then the connection in YTZ isn't as bad... certainly better than YYZ! Although, I'm seeing non-stop flights on UA, so I would definitely wait for them... (if you wonder where, I'm checking ITA Matrix - a great resource for searching for flights).

Sorry I can't help you re: weather, but I would think a day out would start to be warm - at least for a Quebecer! LOL

Ah, well if you're going to YOW then the connection in YTZ isn't as bad... certainly better than YYZ! Although, I'm seeing non-stop flights on UA, so I would definitely wait for them... (if you wonder where, I'm checking ITA Matrix - a great resource for searching for flights).

Sorry I can't help you re: weather, but I would think a day out would start to be warm - at least for a Quebecer! LOL

J'approuve.............;)

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN