New purchase "Unmentionables"

On another thread there was a discussion about strapless bras. I have been on a quest this summer to find a comfortable strapless bra. This summer the fashion is all spaggetti straps and other tops that make getting the right support for the girls challenging. I found it. I actually waited several months because it was backordered. It really is comfortable. It's called "Sassybax Strapless" and there are several variations.

Here is the link to the website.

Sassybax Strapless Bra

Happy shopping!!

Happy sailing!!

Linda ;)

Last year I looked and looked in all the department stores and I must have tried on dozens of strapless bras but could not find one that I liked. I don't know what possessed me but I happened to be in Walmart one day and saw the strapless bras. On an impulse I went into the dressing room and tried one on. I can't say I loved it but it fit me better than any of the name brands so I bought it.

On another thread there was a discussion about strapless bras. I have been on a quest this summer to find a comfortable strapless bra. This summer the fashion is all spaggetti straps and other tops that make getting the right support for the girls challenging. I found it. I actually waited several months because it was backordered. It really is comfortable. It's called "Sassybax Strapless" and there are several variations.

Here is the link to the website.

Sassybax Strapless Bra

Happy shopping!!

Happy sailing!!

Linda ;)

Thank you for the recommendation, bras are as hard to shop for as bathing suits. They have to fit "just right". I'll check out the Sassybax!

Hmmm...I don't see the strapless version on the website. Anyone else find it?

Ahh...but I found it here. I have several strapless bras that work for me now, but I have to say that this one does look very comfortable. I don't think it's available in my area though....

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=47905&CategoryID=1226&PseudoCat=bbmThirdPartySearchInclusion&bhcp=1

funny that you mentioned Walmart...I saw a black strapless bra that was my size marked $2 and so I tried it on (thinking I was wasting my time.) It fit so I bought it. I wish I had bought more--it is more comfortable than my regular bras (that cost about 15X that much!) I love it! Who'd a thunk it!:D

Hmmm...I don't see the strapless version on the website. Anyone else find it?

Ahh...but I found it here. I have several strapless bras that work for me now, but I have to say that this one does look very comfortable. I don't think it's available in my area though....

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=47905&CategoryID=1226&PseudoCat=bbmThirdPartySearchInclusion&bhcp=1

I actually bought mine at Bloomies. Oops,silly me, I figured I google the company website and give everyone more choices. So I googled, got the front page and assumed they would have the full line. Well you know what they say about assume.

Thanks Happysinglemom for getting everyone the link.

Linda

I bought the kind at the drug store that just sticks to your skin . I think it was less than $20. It comes in B and C cups. It is two cups made out of a squishy material and are connected by a clasp. You can adjust the cleavage too. It is very comforable and I have worn it many times. You just wash out the cups with soap and water and let it dry. You never have to worry about straps or the back showing.

:rolleyes: OH MY GOSH!!

My sassybax bra was so very uncomfortable this afternoon???? :D

I was sitting here working on my Continuing Education exam, something I have been avoiding, and all of a sudden I felt really uncomfortable in the region of my two best friends. I was aghast!(A word from yesterday's crossword puzzle)

Anyway, I went into the bathroom to check things out and you will not believe what I did in my half asleep state this morning. I put my Sassybax bra on upsidedown. Try that with your average strapless.! ;)

Amazingly, it took until 4PM for the wire to started bugging me. How's that for a comfortable strapless bra! ;)

Sould I have posted this on the Fashion Felony thread? It feels criminal in a way. :D

Linda

I have heard alot about this company- SPANX. However I have not tried one, nor do they have a strapless bra, but I have heard EXCELLENT things about this lingerie line. www.spanx.com

Hunny,

I have purchased several items from Spanx. I really like their products. They do smooth out all of the bumps and will slim you down a bit if you need that. Their products are also very light and comfortable.

I have ordered directly from their website and delivery is fast. They are also available in stores. I don't know which stores carry them but others may.

Linda :)

Spanx is available at Chicos and you can use your passport member card for 5% off. I'm waiting for the next catalog and will use my $25 off if it's that one and get 4 pair.

I recently bought Hanes Body Definers in the Capri and Waistcincher styles. They work nicely and are only $8.00 each. I bought mine at Sears because they were buy 3 get one free. I plan to wear the Capri style with my evening dress as I'm going hoseless and the waist cinchers could be worn with or w/o pantyhose.

:rolleyes: OH MY GOSH!!

Anyway, I went into the bathroom to check things out and you will not believe what I did in my half asleep state this morning. I put my Sassybax bra on upsidedown. Try that with your average strapless.! ;)

Amazingly, it took until 4PM for the wire to started bugging me. How's that for a comfortable strapless bra! ;)

Sould I have posted this on the Fashion Felony thread? It feels criminal in a way. :D

Linda

Linda,

A few months ago, late in the afternoon when I went to the ladies room, I realized that I had put my thong on sideways that morning. I then realized why it had been bothering me all day!!! LOL!!!

Your fellow fashion felon,

Jane

Linda,

A few months ago, late in the afternoon when I went to the ladies room, I realized that I had put my thong on sideways that morning. I then realized why it had been bothering me all day!!! LOL!!!

Your fellow fashion felon,

Jane

Jane,

Ouch, that sound really, really uncomfortable.

My husband and I went shopping today. Saks had a gift card with purchase. One day only. He actually did more for the economy than I did. Check out your DH thread for the scoop on what he bought. :D

Linda

Jane,

Ouch, that sound really, really uncomfortable.

My husband and I went shopping today. Saks had a gift card with purchase. One day only. He actually did more for the economy than I did. Check out your DH thread for the scoop on what he bought. :D

Linda

No, the sideways thong was only slightly uncomfortable, after all, the three sides are almost the same size. :D

I got the postcard for the Sak's giftcard in the mail, but resisted going there today. We've got some big expenses coming up, so shopping is not at the top of the list right now. :(

But, I've used those giftcards before and they certainly are wonderful.

Now you have to tell us what you buy with the gift cards!!!

Jane

Thong on sideways, I could do that....if I ever wore a thong. I've worn my panties with my leg through the waistband.

So, last night, in Nordies making my fabulous handbag purchase, I spotted a Spanx bra on a mannequin. It actually looked like it was on inside out. The sales gal and I started taking the mannequin down off the display, we both had to find out. It wasn't on inside out, but real weird looking. The bra actually looked like it would be fairly comfortable, there was a support band under the girls, but it looked like a cut-up pair of pantyhose. I wouldn't wear it with anything see-through and it wouldn't work for anything low cut. It might not be the best for clingy fabric (especially when cold;) ) Here's a pic:

146036.jpg

and a link: http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?StyleID=2855993&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=Spanx+%3E+In+All+Categories

Archived