Ocean Princess Penthouse Suite question

sailorgirl

We're holding 7005, a Penthouse Suite, on the bow. Very spacious wraparound balcony but it looks a bit closed in. Am wondering if the view is obstructed by the walls of the ship. Has anyone been in one of these suites and can tell me more.

We're holding 7005, a Penthouse Suite, on the bow. Very spacious wraparound balcony but it looks a bit closed in. Am wondering if the view is obstructed by the walls of the ship. Has anyone been in one of these suites and can tell me more.

I originally had this suite booked a 2 years back when I sailed on her and ended up changing to 7119. The reason I changed is that you can not always go out on the balcony as some times it is too windy and they close it. The balconies are a metal wraparound so there is a bit of an obstructed view. I hope this helps a bit.

Chez

That is bad news. YOu mean they had an owner's suite available for you to change to? That's pretty fortunate I would think. How did the floor plan, view etc. differ? Would appreciate anything you can add to help me with this dilemma. We're on the Arctic itinerary which could be very smooth. Or not.

I spend hours and hours on our ship balcony. Reading and napping. For it to be too windy or closed to us would be devastating.

I too spend a lot of time on the balcony reading and napping and I was so greatfull that I was able to change suites to one aft of the ship. If I was you I would seriously think on changing as you like to spend lots of time on the balcony.

The layout is the same at the aft and there was so much room it was great.

Chez

Chez, I tried immediately to get an aft Owners Suite but they are all sold out except for one on deck 5 above the dining room, which is not recommended. So I put my deposit down on 7005 and will give it some further consideration. I figure that sailing in and out of those Norway fjords can't be too rough and the bow view could be terrific. In other words, good weather and I'm in luck. Otherwise a mini-suite and it looks like they didn't have lounge chairs on the balcony. It's still well over a year away……..

WE have 7004 and 7005 booked on the Ocean in Aug.

Before we booked we asked about them locking the balconey when underway and they asuured us they didn't. We asked 2 different sources.

We have always had side cabins and plenty of times we could not use the balconey because of wind or rain .

Will let you know what happens after we sail.

EVERYTHING you are told presail can change during sail so you roll the dice and just have a good time no matter what.:D