Dreamy Tea

beachpeke

We are sailing on the Dream later this year and I am wondering about the afternoon tea. Is there a dress code? What is served? Do children attend? Any information from those who have experienced the afternoon tea is appreciated.

Edited by beachpeke

No dress code just no bathing suits. Can wear shorts, sandals, sundress, etc. They serve tea, scones, cucumber, salmon, and watercress finger sandwiches, and all sorts of mini cakes, petits fours, and other little sweets. Usually, they have a combo playing classical music. It's really lovely and one of my very favorite activities on a cruise. Carnival does it very well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have taken our kids to the teas. I think they were around 10 when they started going. They find it kind of interesting. I don't think it's their favorite thing to do but they are always willing to go - and they are boys! Have fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes children can attend. We were on the Dream a few years ago. My husband and I went to tea and were very surprised to find my son and friends he met online having tea. They had a large table and were having a great time while being respectful too. It was very enjoyable seeing the teens having a great time.

What are the free drink options if you don't drink tea?

I'm thinking coffee (not specialty ones) and water are the only beverages that are free at tea time. Maybe someone else will know for sure. I always bring my own glass of soda with me (I'm a sodaholic :D). I love tea time! Yummo!:D

We have taken our kids to the teas. I think they were around 10 when they started going. They find it kind of interesting. I don't think it's their favorite thing to do but they are always willing to go - and they are boys! Have fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:confused:Afternoon Tea on the Dream starts at 10? I gather that is AM---Not PM? I would've thought Tea would be sometime in the afternoon?

Edited by monakayk

The children were around 10 years old when they went to the afternoon tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

HA, HA, HA--->on me! What a forehead slap that was! LOL:o:p:D Thanks for setting me straight.

The children were around 10 years old when they went to the afternoon tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A little off topic.....love your fur baby picture!