Cutting it too close??

Glad it all worked out, but man I wouldn't want the stress. Our next cruise I have a flight booked at 2pm, JUST to be sure. (And that's FLL, not MCO - much closer to the airport.) I'm just paranoid. :)

Edited by Jobeth66

FWIW, I say that flight is WAY too early. And I can't help shaking my head when read responses that would encourage you to do such a foolish thing with your cruise.

I do wish you luck.

Some people are a whole lot more comfortable with the risk than others. That doesnt make them or what they say foolish.

I dont fly to catch cruise ships but both times Ive cruised out of Pt Canaveral, I have been passing by the airport on 528 at about 8:15 - 8:30. That should EASILY make a 10:55 am flight doable.

There are no guarantees of a smooth disembarkation though. Thats the only risk IMHO. If you are over 2 hours early arriving at the airport, there should be no reason not to catch your flight. As seen with the followup, the OP made it with plenty of time to spare.

Edited by ryano

Our flight in a couple weeks is at 11:30. I plan on carrying my own luggage off. I also went with a private car. I know this will save a little time too. Now lets hope security isn't a mess!

We have routinely made 11:30am flights at MCO from Monarch. We usually take a shared shuttle which leaves the port at 8:30am. You should be fine.