Moho Beach... after plane watching?

bre

In just a few short weeks, we will be on the lovely island of St. Martin/Maarten :). And I CANNOT wait! We are planning on going to Moho beach, so the kids can see the planes. But was wondering, if there was anything else to do around there, shopping or other sight seeing? Or maybe another beach close by. Will be traveling with 4 kids ages 17-8. Any help or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Bre,

How old are your kids? Last year when in St. Martin, we took a tour with Bernard's. It went to an iguana farm, and a few historical places. The to the beach with the planes. This time, I think we will just go to the beach with the planes and then walk around. How old are your kids? Girls or boys?

My girls are 12... So 11 last year. They used to like shopping there too and getting hair braids.

Jodi

In just a few short weeks, we will be on the lovely island of St. Martin/Maarten :). And I CANNOT wait! We are planning on going to Moho beach, so the kids can see the planes. But was wondering, if there was anything else to do around there, shopping or other sight seeing? Or maybe another beach close by. Will be traveling with 4 kids ages 17-8. Any help or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks Jodi...I have 4 kids. They are 2 girls 15 &12 and 2 boys 17 & 8. I was thinking of doing Bernards tour, but we just the Iguana farm and such, when we were in Hondorus last year. So is there shopping and such around Moho?

Nope - no shopping at that beach where the planes fly over. We went into town to shop. It's ok shopping. But honestly, it seems deals are not that incredible. For bigger purchases, I prefer by local.

Anyway, would your daughter (12... or even the 15 yr old but less likely I assume) want to chat via text or instagram with my girls before the cruise? My girls love having friends aboard. But they've used the kids area in the past to make friends - we've gone every year since they were 8. Oasis was their first cruise actually.

If so, message me via FB since you said you knew how to find me there. I'd prefer not post personal info here. If not, no big deal either.

Thanks Jodi...I have 4 kids. They are 2 girls 15 &12 and 2 boys 17 & 8. I was thinking of doing Bernards tour, but we just the Iguana farm and such, when we were in Hondorus last year. So is there shopping and such around Moho?

Nope - no shopping at that beach where the planes fly over. We went into town to shop. It's ok shopping. But honestly, it seems deals are not that incredible. For bigger purchases, I prefer by local.

Anyway, would your daughter (12... or even the 15 yr old but less likely I assume) want to chat via text or instagram with my girls before the cruise? My girls love having friends aboard. But they've used the kids area in the past to make friends - we've gone every year since they were 8. Oasis was their first cruise actually.

If so, message me via FB since you said you knew how to find me there. I'd prefer not post personal info here. If not, no big deal either.

Jodi...Yes! I will message you. But yes my kids LOVE making new friends and 12 is kind of awkward, not a kids but not a teen yet. So that will be really fun.

Brenda

Exactly. 12 is definitely different. I give them more independence now. But they are not "kids" by cruise definition. And really "teen" - they are very "teenish" but hanging with 18 year old boys - um nope! Teen is a HUGE age range, and that will be the hard part.

Since it is Oasis and spring break time, I hope they have activities for middle school age separate than older teens too. There is so much to do on this ship though. They already asked how often they need to be with and even eat with us...

Jodi...Yes! I will message you. But yes my kids LOVE making new friends and 12 is kind of awkward, not a kids but not a teen yet. So that will be really fun.

Brenda

Oooh! Maho Beach! One of my favorites. There is not much shopping in the area but you can get lunch at the two beach bars there. The big planes are scheduled to come in starting around noon each day but they are often early so if you can get there by 11 a.m. you won't miss them if they are early. The link below has the schedule; it's not the same every day since some of the flights from Europe just come in a few days a week, not daily.

It might be fun to get an air band radio to listen in to the tower (118.7). Then you'll know what's on its way to land before you can see the plane.

I would also advise bringing hats and lots of sunscreen. There is NO shade on the beach.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportCode=SXM&airportQueryType=1