Can you carry on any beverages

Cairnmom

I have cruised on MSC in the past and never tried to bring any beverages onboard. Cruising again soon and wonder if you can bring water bottles or tea onboard? I know they say no, but wonder if they enforce this rule.

I have cruised on MSC in the past and never tried to bring any beverages onboard. Cruising again soon and wonder if you can bring water bottles or tea onboard? I know they say no, but wonder if they enforce this rule.

Rules technically say "no", but others have reported that they don't enforce that rule. Celebrity said the same thing in Port Everglades and they let me bring on water and soda.

I would bring it and worse comes to worse they'll hold on to it until the end, but more than likely they are going to let you bring it on.

Firstly, this is principally a revenue-enforcement policy - the line wants you to buy drinks on board not carry them on. They are not going to bother about water or tea.

Secondly, the line does not want to upset its customers so a small amount of 'smuggling' will generally be tolerated. Anything wholesale will be stamped on.

Finally, there is a distinction between buying contraband ashore and confessing upon boarding where it will be taken off you, receipt issued and returned to you on your last day and the alternative of trying to sneak things by security when there is a chance it will be confiscated and not returned.

Tim.

I've twice blatantly brought alchol onboard - carrier bag faith Limoncello on it and a rum distillery on the other one. They were both intended for going home, but they didn't bother taking them from me. Handed the bags back after they'd be scanned.

As Tim says, overdo and I'm sure they'll react but they don't seem to care much about a single bottle.

Firstly, this is principally a revenue-enforcement policy - the line wants you to buy drinks on board not carry them on. They are not going to bother about water or tea.

Secondly, the line does not want to upset its customers so a small amount of 'smuggling' will generally be tolerated. Anything wholesale will be stamped on.

Finally, there is a distinction between buying contraband ashore and confessing upon boarding where it will be taken off you, receipt issued and returned to you on your last day and the alternative of trying to sneak things by security when there is a chance it will be confiscated and not returned.

Tim.

hi there few of us are booked from Southampton middle of july all got the drinks package but need to know how seriously they take bringing in some irn bru [scottish mixer for vodka }

would save them money on mixers :D

Does someone know if you can you buy water packs at Venice cruise terminal, and then bring them on board? We will be sailing MSC Fantasia.

In Barcelona cruise terminal, for instance, there's a shop with water packs (6x1,5L) which is very suitable, even if the water is relatively expensive compared to a supermarket, it's not a rip off.

I drink a lot of water at night, usually 1L or so, and I find refilling little bottles at water stations to be unhygienic. At day you always find somewhere to drink water or buy a drink I guess.

I sailed on the Poesia last year, a friend of mine told me it was permitted on embarkation to bring on no more than 6 bottles of water, 6 cans of pop and one bottle of wine per stateroom. We did so, no one stopped us or confiscated anything. So I'm not sure if we just got lucky, or it was actually fine to do so.

I sailed on the Poesia last year, a friend of mine told me it was permitted on embarkation to bring on no more than 6 bottles of water, 6 cans of pop and one bottle of wine per stateroom. We did so, no one stopped us or confiscated anything. So I'm not sure if we just got lucky, or it was actually fine to do so.

It's not permitted as such, they just don't enforce their own rules.

No offense but ... you lost me on "a friend of mine told me..."

• 2 weeks later...