Caribbean aft mini suite

Little Rascal

We just booked a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess for a Norway and Iceland explorer cruise in Sept 2015. We booked a room that is in the aft of the ship on the Emerald deck. Has anyone stayed in one of these mini suites? I thought it would be nice to see from the back of the ship. It looks like the balcony wraps around the back of the ship. Does anyone know?

Thanks everyone for the great photos and information. I think it looks like a nice room and we will be happy with our choice. I will have to look and see if my agent stated no up grade. We did talk about it and she said she would put that down. I booked through Princess, should I have booked from a travel agent?

We just booked a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess for a Norway and Iceland explorer cruise in Sept 2015. We booked a room that is in the aft of the ship on the Emerald deck. Has anyone stayed in one of these mini suites? I thought it would be nice to see from the back of the ship. It looks like the balcony wraps around the back of the ship. Does anyone know?

We were in D732 and it definitely wraps around. If you can get that one, absolutely go for it! It was huge.

We just returned from a Hawaii cruise on the Star and stayed on the Emerlad Deck in the last minisuite on the port side with the extended balcony. You do get some view of the aft as well as the side, and the large balcony is wonderful. However, if you can book on the starboard side, I would, as you are over the lounge on the port side which can get loud in the evening when they have bands/production shows scheduled. We aren't early to bed people, so it wasn't a huge problem for us, but it could be if you like a quiet cabin before 10:00pm. We loved the aft location--very convenient to the aft dining room if you're doing traditional dining and Horizons Court if you like the buffet.

Edited by HRPro
Sorry, I meant to say aren't instead of are early to bed

It will be twice the size of a normal mini suite balcony but does not wrap around the back. The balcony from the Vista Suite next to you comes right to the side of the ship so it would be impossible for yours to wrap around. One of the two best mini balconies on the ship

• 2 months later...

We have stayed in many aft balconies and loved them all. Could you please let me know if the aft of the "Caribbean Princess" is completely straight down. By that I mean does the dolpin deck extend out past the caribe deck so that the caribe deck can look over the dolphin deck mini suites, or do they all end at the same point (b0th caribe and dolphin deck). It looks straight down in many pictures. I hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks for all your help.

There are no aft-facing minisuites on the CB, so I'm a little confused by your question. Are you talking about whether the last balcony along each side of the ship is overlooked by the deck above or are you talking about true aft-facing cabins? If the latter, then no, they're not overlooked; the stern of this ship does not slope, so each balcony is directly above the one below it.

If you're asking about the last cabins on the sides of the ship, yes, the last minisuite on Dolphin would be overlooked by those above on Caribe, as all the minisuites on Dolphin have completely uncovered balconies.

Does this help in answering your question?

I have sailed in E731 on the Caribbean Princess twice. It is a wonderful cabin with great views from the extended balcony but it does not wrap around the back of the ship. You do get wonderful wake views from the balcony. It's a great cabin and you are lucky to get it. I think it's the best mini on the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We have stayed in many aft balconies and loved them all. Could you please let me know if the aft of the "Caribbean Princess" is completely straight down. By that I mean does the dolpin deck extend out past the caribe deck so that the caribe deck can look over the dolphin deck mini suites, or do they all end at the same point (b0th caribe and dolphin deck). It looks straight down in many pictures. I hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks for all your help.

The mini suites on the Emerald deck are completely covered. No one can look straight down and look at your balcony. Contrary to what someone stated earlier, the balcony does not wrap around. It extends further back giving you more real estate as shown in the picture here.

boats_widewallpaper_caribbean-princess_84638.jpg

Yes, I am interested in the true aft facing balconies. Your response answered my question. Thanks for your help.

True facing up only gives you two options. Full suites or regular balcony rooms.

There may be some caveats to the full size suites in the aft section. Please read through this thread in order to prevent any surprises.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

We have stayed in many aft balconies and loved them all. Could you please let me know if the aft of the "Caribbean Princess" is completely straight down..

on the very back of the ship you look DOWN into the waters with no obstruction. the best BB cabin you can get is C753

http://www.**************.com/attachments/princess-cruise-line-10/24149d1263771218-aft-cabin-baja-752-caribbean-princess-cp_aft2.jpg