Haven Suite Upgrade Question on Getaway

Run10Girl

My husband and I are booked for an upcoming cruise on the Getaway on March 22nd. This will be our first cruise ever and we are really excited, but also nervous. We are currently booked in a Haven Spa Suite. I like this room because it is on the 14th floor very close to the Spa and Exercise room. It has a hot tub in the room along with access to the Haven and the Spa.

I noticed that there is a Haven forward facing Penthouse available on floor 9 and a Penthouse with balcony on floor 15. These rooms are technically upgrades, but because the prices have decreased, I could change rooms for less than I have already paid. It wouldn't include Spa access, but we could buy weekly or daily passes.

Any advice? Should we go for it or keep our room?

To my recollection, the spa pass for a week is $199 pp. So, if you took one of the other cabins, would it be worth it to give up the S9? I was in an S9 on Breakaway in January and loved the convenience of its location and easy access to the spa. It was a great cabin!

Tracy

My husband and I are booked for an upcoming cruise on the Getaway on March 22nd. This will be our first cruise ever and we are really excited, but also nervous. We are currently booked in a Haven Spa Suite. I like this room because it is on the 14th floor very close to the Spa and Exercise room. It has a hot tub in the room along with access to the Haven and the Spa.

I noticed that there is a Haven forward facing Penthouse available on floor 9 and a Penthouse with balcony on floor 15. These rooms are technically upgrades, but because the prices have decreased, I could change rooms for less than I have already paid. It wouldn't include Spa access, but we could buy weekly or daily passes.

.....I booked a spa suite for us. Yes the room had a small hot tub and is right near the spa, but, as my wife said, "Why did you book this cabin, I'd rather be in the Haven"?

I then went and changed the reservation to a regular suite in the Haven complex itself so we didn't have to walk to get there, we were already there.

Anything to keep the Queen happy so there is peace in the Kingdom is fine with me. And yes, I have to pay an extra $398 for the spa passes but it will be worth it to me in the long run.

;)

wasiii

My apologies that I can't speak to the spa cabins, but my brother stayed in a forward facing penthouse on a floor beneath the Haven. I saw his room and really loved it! I thought that for the price (in the Haven) it was the best room! And that's comparing it to the DOS and a connecting PH suite on deck 16 that the rest of our sailing party stayed in! It was spacious and I thought it was absolutely perfect for two or three people.

Please know that this was on the Breakaway, but I believe that the Getaway is identical as far as rooms are concerned.

Whatever you decide have a great cruise!

Just personal opinions here: keep in mind the forward facing penthouse on deck 9 has somewhat of a restricted view out of the bedroom window (more deck than sea) and your balcony will be directly above an extended balcony/crew area on deck 8.

If it's important to you, the Haven Penthouse would mean the loss of the "spa" shower (shower/tub only in the bathroom).

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise! Were on the week after you, and traded up to a Haven Spa (S9). I too pondered the Haven Penthouse & Forward Facing Penthouses, but am happy with the S9. ....Now if NCL wants to offer me a deal on a Two-Bedroom Villa....:D

Hey OP

I am in the opposite position. I am booked in a forward penthouse on Getaway but the prices for those suites have not went down in price, they have went up since my booking. But I was flirting with a spa suite or Haven penthouse because those are now several hundred cheaper. I figure with a spa pass thrown in with the spa suite it is another $400 savings. I have not changed and so far keeping my forward penthouse but the price drop has me wavering.

The forward penthouse has much more square feet than the Spa Suite. The bathroom is much better too and it includes a separate living room with table and chairs. The big tub is in the bathroom.

Edit update: I just checked my cruise again and the forward penthouse went up in price again. Right now the forward penthouse is $550 per person more expensive than the spa suite $1949pp spa suite vs $2499pp forward penthouse = over $1000 savings. But I booked at $2199 so the price difference is not that extreme. Most cabins for Getaway keep falling in price including spa suites. But the forward penthouses and aft penthouses keep going up in price!

Edited by david_sobe