Courtyard Marriott Miramar - walking distance to OSJ?

Beezle82

I'll be staying one night at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar post cruise. Is this within a decent walking distance to OSJ? It says that it's about 2 miles, but I'm not sure if that is 'as-the-crow-flies' or actual driving/walking distance. I know that we can take a bus but I would prefer to walk if it wouldn't be too time consuming. :)

We've stayed at this hotel before a cruise before and it is too far to walk there with luggage. Without luggage, you might be able to take the city bus to go into OSJ... there is a bus stop across the street from the hotel near a small strip mall.

As a resident of PR I assure you that it is to far to walk and a bus is not feasible.

I am not sure of the reason you choose to stay there but my recommendation if it is not too late is to stay at the Sheraton in OSJ. It is right accross from the piers. I hope this helps.

I stayed there one night prior to sailing Carnival Victory in May 2009. It was my first attempt at Priceline, and I got my bidding a little wrong. :o

Hotel was nice enough. We weren't arriving until mid-afternoon and knew we'd be doing our sightseeing the next morning, so it wasn't a big deal.

We walked a few blocks away to Los Pinos. Had my first mofongo there. It was very good. We enjoyed it so much we went back for breakfast. Just a small, local diner. Certainly nothing fancy, but we wanted authentic food and found it there.

We stayed at that hotel post-cruise in December and you really cannot walk to OSJ from there. Definitely take a taxi.

If you like to walk, you could probably walk to Condado easily enough. There are lots of restaurants and shops there.

We stayed at that hotel post-cruise in December and you really cannot walk to OSJ from there. Definitely take a taxi.

If you like to walk, you could probably walk to Condado easily enough. There are lots of restaurants and shops there.

Thanks! I am thinking we will probably end up taking the bus - I hear there is a stop right by the hotel.

Thanks! I am thinking we will probably end up taking the bus - I hear there is a stop right by the hotel.

Taking the bus wasn't really an option. The only way to get to OSJ seemed to be a taxi, which cost about $20 if I remember correctly- each way.

We were unimpressed with the hotel, but since we were using a free night certificate we didn't complain. I did write a review on Trip Advisor about it. It was clean, but the location left a lot to be desired and it didn't really live up to what we have come to expect from Courtyard properties.

Taking the bus wasn't really an option. The only way to get to OSJ seemed to be a taxi, which cost about $20 if I remember correctly- each way.

We were unimpressed with the hotel, but since we were using a free night certificate we didn't complain. I did write a review on Trip Advisor about it. It was clean, but the location left a lot to be desired and it didn't really live up to what we have come to expect from Courtyard properties.

Hmm...I read through a lot of reviews and several people commented that you could take the city bus into OSJ for only 50 cents.

I'm not too terribly concerned about the hotel itself as long as it's clean and decent. Our flight home was bumped from Sunday afternoon to Monday morning, so we just need a place to crash for the night.