Are 7 nights Mediterranean cruises popular?

travellerin1984

Hi guys!

We are planning to book a shorter 7 nights Mediterranean cruise out of Venice in August. This is the first summer Celebrity is offering shorter cruises in the Mediterranean and I am wondering how popular they are. Are they selling? We have found a gty balcony for 999$ per person including a drink package and gratuities. It sounds like a good deal but nowadays it is difficult to say what it is a good deal because of the all the perks. I know what is a good deal for the longer Med cruises but it is more difficult to say for the shorter ones because it is the first time Celebrity is offering 7 nights cruises.

Any comments? Thank you for your help!

Yes, that is a good deal. We are cruising for 7 nights during that time as well. A few weeks ago, the balcony rate was at 1599. It was at 1299 a year ago when we originally booked. So yes, a good deal. We just took advantage of the drop in price.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your comments! I assume the price is ok. I just have hard time deciding book or not to book.. That's the question! I am pretty sure prices won't drop before final payment but the question is how are the prices after final payment. Usually it has been worth waiting after final payment because Celebrity has difficulties filling the ships in the Mediterranean and there has been really great deals, like 12 nights cruise for 1000$ per person. These deals have been on the longer 10 or 12 nights cruises.

It all depends on how much a gambler are you? There is 2 cost factors if you dont live in Europe. Airfare and cruise cost. If you are interested in the cruise you can book it and monitor the cost and see if it drops before sailing. At some point you have to commit to getting to the departure port Airfares dont seem to have the pricing pattern that cruise ships do so you might save a few bucks on the cruise but loose that in air fare. Airfare is also more costly if you dont arrive and depart from same port

I think Celebrity offers the short Med cruises more for Europeans rather than North Americans. Unless you do a B2B or staying in Europe for a land vacation, a 7 day cruise is not economically wise for those outside of Europe because you'll be paying more for the airfare than the cruise. If I'm going to fly all the way there, paying a huge amount for airfare, you can bet I'm going to want more than just a 7 day cruise.

We are taking one of the 7 night cruises in June on Equinox. It gives us the best of both worlds, since we are spending a couple of days in Venice at the start and a couple of days in Istanbul at the end.

We managed to get a great price last June when they offered a 2D for the cost of an inside. For the last few months, the balcony prices have gone up and up.

Anything under $1300 for a balcony is probably good.

IMO, Med cruises are wonderful. Only 7 days is very short indeed, but combining before and after places are wonderful. You don't want to fly all the way over and go home that fast...so don't entertain that thought. It will only leave you wanting more...you'll be back again either way, but do a good job the first time with your planning. Land and cruise packages are the very best; you get the most from each type when combined. However, that it my opinion after doing it!:)