Allure...Oceanview balcony, making final decision

Booking a back-to-back on Allure. Looking at the weeks beginning 9/14 and 9/21. Because I'm a pet sitter, I had to look at my schedule and find availability where I'm not crazy busy. I've already put a big "X" on every day for those two weeks to block out the time, so we have the dates figured out. This is the first time my husband and I, in 30 years of marriage, have EVER taken a two week vacation, and it feels really strange just thinking about it.

My husband definitely wants an ocean view balcony. We would get our platinum C&A discount, and now that he's 55, whatever "senior discount" he'd qualify for. (this cracks me up, by the way.) :D

If you were going to hunker down on Allure for two weeks, would you choose the superior ocean view on the hump, (deck 7 or 8), or save a little money and do a D8 on deck 8, down near Dazzles, which based on what I've read here, seems to also be a preferred location as well. I know the hump balcony is deeper. We do spend a lot of time on the balcony, but we've never had a problem with the space on a Voyager class E1 or E2.

I'm looking for any suggestions; cabin numbers, why you liked it (or didn't), etc.

Suite isn't an option, unless the upgrade fairy paid us a visit, or we got some crazy last minute deal. (We still have one in college!)

Last October I originally booked a D8 on deck 11. As time went buy I saw that the guarantee balcony ocean view price dropped, so I booked that. Within 2 days of changing I was assigned a room (D2) which I promptly changed to an open cabin on the hump deck 8. No noise whatsoever from Central Park, we loved walking through it at night! Loved the larger balcony! Whatever you decide, you will love the ship! We had a fabulous time :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had a ocean view balcony on deck 8 toward the forward elevators (8164 I think it was) and my friends had a hump balcony just down the hall. They commented that they would have rather had a balcony closer to the elevator banks as the space didn't make that much difference. I will say that deck 8 is the best. I personally would probably pick a cabin on deck 8 near the central elevators by Dazzles. Central Park was very peaceful and quiet. No noise and we enjoyed our stroll to & from our cabin thru central park. We had no problem at all with the size of our D8 balcony.