Breeze - Regular Balcony vs. Large Balcony - Difference?

Two couples going on the Breeze, considering booking neighboring balcony rooms so we can have the balcony divider opened. Question is ... are the "large" balconies really that much bigger than the regular ones? I know the large tend to have a lounge style chair on them so I figure they have to be a bit bigger than usual. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I searched around on the internet a bit looking for cabin specific pictures of the large balconies but did not have any luck. Thanks!

When you say LARGE, do you mean extended?

If so, they are just deeper.

We had an extended balcony on the Pride, two years ago, and it's really just more leg room.

We did not have a lounge chair.:mad:

If you are talking an AFT wrap, yes, HUGE, with two loungers......:D:D

speaking of balconies has anybody stayed in this room - and what is that little dark icon next to the room? Is that a stairwell of some type? :confused:

Enter the following search into Bing: "Carnival%20Breeze&cabin=8462"

One of the results will be a site that shows cruise line rooms photos from cruisers. There are some good photos of 8462, which is a mirror image of 8469 on the breeze.

The open area is a stairwell. We had a similar room on the Freedom, and never heard any noise from the stairwell.

We had category SS on the Breeze which gave dimensions of balcony at 65 sq. ft., which seems really large but I felt it was more wide then deep. I would have preferred it to been deeper than wide. That is just me….I doubt my husband really cared. We did sit comfortably outside and no close neighbor noise so I guess width helped in that. We booked that cabin again for this next cruise on the Breeze in May..

Never done aft balconies ever but going to try them on Celebrity in Jan. I would be interested in hearing how the aft cabins balconies on the Breeze are for the future.

speaking of balconies has anybody stayed in this room - and what is that little dark icon next to the room? Is that a stairwell of some type? :confused:

If that is the L shaped cabin, we had that on Breeze last year. LOVED the balcony, twice as wide as a regular balcony but we didn't like the layout of the room. No couch and bathroom is on the far side of the bed, past the door to the balcony. Only about 12 inches of room between end of bed and wall, so it was definitely one way traffic. When given the choice to book another one of these rooms for this years cruise, we declined :( but that is just us. :rolleyes: other people love this room.:p