Veendam Inside Cabin K500 Questions

Am looking at booking a circle Hawaii cruise next year on the Veendam and I have some questions regarding cabin K500 on Main Deck. It appears that this cabin is much larger than the other inside K cabins. Was wondering about how it is configured and how noisy it is being near the anchor. Does anyone know what the square footage is?

Would appreciate any info you might have.

Am looking at booking a circle Hawaii cruise next year on the Veendam and I have some questions regarding cabin K500 on Main Deck. It appears that this cabin is much larger than the other inside K cabins. Was wondering about how it is configured and how noisy it is being near the anchor. Does anyone know what the square footage is?

That cabin is listed on the deck plan as:

modified_accessible.gifModified Accessible Interior Staterooms

Pictures of the same cabin on the Ryndam are on the HALfacts website

Rich

Thanks Rich. Checked out the configuration and it appears to be more square than rectangle. I realize that this is a modified accessible staterooms. Just got off the Zuiderdam and realize that both my husband and myself cannot shower any longer without more handrails. It seems we are beginning to have mobility issues.

Have never stayed in an inside before so this could be a real adventure!

I can recommend K-548 and K-549. Those cabins are the larger "sideways" cabins, and are close to the forward elevator/staircase.

There is no noise to speak of (unless you get some passengers holding a conversation outside your door :rolleyes:)

They are two of my new favorite cabins on the S-class ships.

Edited by RuthC

I can recommend K-548 and K-549. Those cabins are the larger "sideways" cabins, and are close to the forward elevator/staircase.

There is no noise to speak of (unless you get some passengers holding a conversation outside your door :rolleyes:)

They are two of my new favorite cabins on the S-class ships.

I agree with Ruth C about the quietness of the cabins. You do not have to worry about your neighbor's tv or conversation coming through the wall or if you are disturbing your neighbor. There are no cabins next to K548 and K549.

We just spent 29 days in K549, and it was very comfortable and roomy -- no squeezing between the couch table and the dresser when someone is sitting at the dresser in the chair. The closets are smaller than the closets in the standard inside cabins, but we managed with a little creative rearranging of life jackets.

Our only issue was the a/c would not cool down enough especially when we neared the Panama Canal. The Front Office worked with us, and it was finally adjusted somewhat cooler. With the addition of a fan, we were comfortable at night. Hopefully, the a/c problems will be fixed while she is in dry dock.

Just checked and cabins K568 and K569 are not available. Any other suggestions for a larger inside cabin?

There may be other "sideways" cabins, but I don't know of them offhand.

I do know that the "large" insides are quite generous; I stay in them all the time. I have been a frequent passenger in one of the insides on the Lower Promenade passageway between the atrium and mid-ship. Great spot as it's handy-dandy to most everything---especially the great outdoors.

Just checked and cabins K568 and K569 are not available. Any other suggestions for a larger inside cabin?

The large sideways inside cabins are actually K548 and K549. One of them might still be availabe. There are also two on A deck and I believe two on the Lower Promenade deck.

Hi. DH and I had cabin 500 on Main deck on the Maasdam. Is that similar location to Veendam?

It was very nice and large. Had large shower with grab bars and a drop down seat. When we first walked into the cabin we were wowed by all the space. We loved the cabin for the first two days. Sea days. Then the fun began! The itinerary we were on had us arriving into each port early in the a.m. Like 7:00 am. We would be asleep and be awoken by the sound of the winch motors reving up. For about 30 plus minutes. Loud. They would whine til the ship was docked and fully tied up. Did I mention loud?

The noisiest was the day we were at HMC.. The dropping anchor sounded like it was going to crash right through our cabin.

We loved the cabin layout and size. We said we would book it again if we were doing a TA and there was only 1 port day at the end. Or if all the port days started later after we would normally get up. But on an early starting port intensive day, no.

We still talk about "Winchie" and how noisy "he" was.

Edited by Daisyloo

Checked the 1/20/15 Circle Hawaii Cruise and cabin K549 was available on the Veendam so I put it on hold. Then checked the charters and drydock schedules and found that there will be a large Jazz group on this cruise. So now I am not sure that I will book this cruise. Might wait to 2016.

Might just wait until the Alaska itineraries for 2015 come out. We live in San Diego county and are finding the long flights are becoming harder and harder to take. Cruises leaving from the west coast is where we will now focus.

Thanks for all your help sure learned a lot. Love this site!