Boarding starts @ 2, rooms ready when?

Spiralshell

We're sailing tomorrow on the Pride and boarding won't start until 2:00.

What's a best guess for when rooms might be ready?

Thanks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is possible your cabin will be ready soon after you board but your luggage may not show up at your cabin for several hours. We always use the time to explore the ship and lunch. There have been times when our cabin was ready immediately. It all depends when the ship arrives in port and how quickly the passengers disembarked. It's amazing how quickly these hard working employees can turn a ship around and get it ready for the next sailing. Enjoy your cruise.

Well the ship won't even arrive until 10, so we are in no rush to get to the terminal to wait in a big crowd with our small kids. :)

The ship doesn't leave until 5.

We weren't sure if the current passengers still have to be out of their cabins early or if they let them stay in their cabins a bit longer, which would delay the stewards' work to turn over the rooms.

I would ignore the email. All of our ships have left at 5 pm and we were on board each time by 11:15. We get to the port by 10:30 ish. Even with our young kids we never had to wait long times.

I don't have all the facts but every ship we've been on has been in port before 7. Now I know Galveston has fog issues but they don't know that till the morning times

When ever you get on board....enjoy your trip!! :)

I would ignore the email. All of our ships have left at 5 pm and we were on board each time by 11:15. We get to the port by 10:30 ish. Even with our young kids we never had to wait long times.

I don't have all the facts but every ship we've been on has been in port before 7. Now I know Galveston has fog issues but they don't know that till the morning times

there has been a strong current in the Atlantic making the Pride get intop port a lot later than other ships.

Most all ships I have been on left at 4pm but the Pride is an exception as well as the ships out of San Juan which leave at 10pm.

Bill

We have sailed on the pride twice and would advise you to not get to the port before 1. We sat until after 2 to board this last time. We had faster to the fun so our room was ready right away. It seemed that most rooms were ready by 2:30-3:00pm.

I have been on the pride 3 times, and boarding has never started until at least 1pm, as the ship does not get back to port until close to 10am. I was on the ship 1 month ago, and boarding started right at 2pm, we boarded about 2:20 after diamond, platinum etc... and our cabin was ready when we boarded... Our luggage did not arrive until sometime after 3pm... People that tell you that you can board the ship by 11am or so, have never sailed on the pride out of Baltimore, because that does not happen. They have sailed in other ports where the ship arrives back between 7 and 8am, so you can board early. That does not happen in Baltimore on the pride

We got to the terminal at 2 -- no one had boarded yet but the gangway was full of people waiting to board.

We had a brief wait in security, then the rest of boarding was easy. We were onboard and in our rooms at 3.

Today we are debarking and had to be out of our rooms by 8:30 -- before the ship had reached the dock. Our debarcation group is scheduled to leave at 12:45.

We got to the terminal at 2 -- no one had boarded yet but the gangway was full of people waiting to board.

We had a brief wait in security, then the rest of boarding was easy. We were onboard and in our rooms at 3.

Today we are debarking and had to be out of our rooms by 8:30 -- before the ship had reached the dock. Our debarcation group is scheduled to leave at 12:45.

Spiralshell,

Welcome back to winter. :rolleyes: Thank you for the update.

Three weeks from now we'll be boarding and I don't even want to think about what we'll be doing four weeks from now....