Price Decreases

Reva_Dearchi

Someone on our roll call saw a price drop on the base fare, applied for the drop (Early Saver), and it was denied because the $10 drop was eaten up by an increase in taxes or fees, so you really need to check the price at the bottom line.

I've seen this reported elsewhere too. This is not how it's supposed to work. Since the taxes & fees can change any time up to sailing, they should not be used to determine whether a price drop is valid. They may determine whether a person sees money back, but their fare should be adjusted to the lower rate because the taxes/fees could be lowered later and the person should have theirs recalculated on the lower rate they found. There must be something else at work here.

As for price drops, doesn't it depend when you book? It may just be that you booked when the price was at its lowest. I would be happy knowing that.

Having said that, we booked last March for this April, 2 cabins, 5 people, and have had approx. total $500 price drop before final payment. The prices have not changed since then (for our situation.)

We booked for December last summer and had a price drop a week or so later. Nothing since then at all.

Watching our cruise for July, to no avail.:mad::mad:

While we are not booked Early Saver, our final payment is not due until June 5th, as we booked during a sale.

These prices are NOT moving........

Our friends, who are traveling with us, were able to get some special VIFP price, which was basically $100 off and $100 OBC:mad:

We've cruised more than them....

Carnival said it's all demographics.....:rolleyes:

I just keep checking, vigilantly.:D

Spring break, holidays and summer time prices go up as you get closer. Not all room rates are eligible for upgrades or price drops. Every time somebody gets a price drop or free cruise everybody gets all excited. It's best to check it out on the rate faq site.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

We also had price drops at this time last year- abt $1000 on our cruise for 2 last July. However, these price dopa coincided with the Triumph debacle and several other minor issues on ships. Bad press=lower prices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone on our roll call saw a price drop on the base fare, applied for the drop (Early Saver), and it was denied because the $10 drop was eaten up by an increase in taxes or fees, so you really need to check the price at the bottom line.

As for price drops, doesn't it depend when you book? It may just be that you booked when the price was at its lowest. I would be happy knowing that.

Having said that, we booked last March for this April, 2 cabins, 5 people, and have had approx. total $500 price drop before final payment. The prices have not changed since then (for our situation.)

We booked nearly a year out and the rates have remained flat. With sales, the price will appear to fluctuate based on OBC and upgrades, but the end total remains the exact same. I look not just at the cabin rate, but also do a mock booking for the same category so I can see the port fees and taxes. We're not ES though and final payment is a month away and there are quite a few empty cabins still, it will be interesting (and most likely aggravating) to see what happens then. Very rare to see the rates remain constant for over 6 months!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014