Paid in Full, Carnival Won't Print My Boarding Pass!

Shaded Lady

NEVER book through a TA!!!

I love my TA, she gives me OBC, pays my travel insurance and kicks back 10% of the cruise fare!

More importantly she has saved my butt a few times and handled huge issues with the cruise line.

My TA provides great benefits and earns her commission.

Make sure you know who you are dealing with, when people rave about there TA find out who it is. Don't just call blindly from an internet listing!

A good TA is worth their weight in gold :)

Just my two cents worth

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love my TA, she gives me OBC, pays my travel insurance and kicks back 10% of the cruise fare!

More importantly she has saved my butt a few times and handled huge issues with the cruise line.

Make sure you know who you are dealing with, when people rave about there TA find out who it is. Don't just call blindly from an internet listing!

Just my two cents worth

Well said. Just like any other service industry there are good and bad. Have you never had a bad waiter? Bad clerk? Bad lawyer?

TA's who are worth their salt are consummate professionals with years of experience behind them. If you just let your fingers do the walking and turn over thousands of your hard earned dollars to someone you know nothing about (from references or past experience) then you are being foolish to say the least. Any good agent is more than willing to give you references if asked.

Just my two cents worth

And a bad TA can cause nightmares. Since we can't mention names on here and I don't know many people that cruise it's hard to get a good recommendation.

So you are left to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince so to speak.

The last travel agency I had was not opened on the weekend so when we had problems with our cruise on a Saturday we were left in the lurch.

When we returned we contavted them and told of problems. Instead of taking care of the problem they gave me a phone # to contact someone at the cruise line.

On one booking I had 3 different agents as the other ones were" no longer with us". Must have been a horrible place to work if they had so much turnover.

Bill

And a bad TA can cause nightmares. Since we can't mention names on here and I don't know many people that cruise it's hard to get a good recommendation.

So you are left to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince so to speak.

The last travel agency I had was not opened on the weekend so when we had problems with our cruise on a Saturday we were left in the lurch.

When we returned we contavted them and told of problems. Instead of taking care of the problem they gave me a phone # to contact someone at the cruise line.

On one booking I had 3 different agents as the other ones were" no longer with us". Must have been a horrible place to work if they had so much turnover.

Bill

Even if you have used an agency before, when your agent leaves, it may not be a friendly place anymore. I went through three plus a supervisor this time compared to one agent with excellent service last time.

I dealt with a Carnival PVP who was adequate at best, so you may have to kiss some toads there also. My new PVP has been there for many years, and is absolutely wonderful. I am not going back to the travel agency even if they double the credit I got this time :(

Edited by keywest1