getaway cruise director

gingerfox

According to Sinan's Facebook page, his assignment changed. He will now be on the Getaway until July 5. No switching to breakaway.

Where did you see that? I looked through his page and didn't see this news...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

right from his page

sinan_zpsdbcd109f.jpg

Weird. It's not showing up for me. Thanks!

Edit...just figured it out. I must be looking at his Fan page and he posted that on his personal page.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Winston Wolf

I have never known the name of any of the cruise directors on any of my previous cruises. I don't pay any attention to them or notice them one way or another. However, I've read so much on here about Sinan, that I'm kind of fired up now.

6.00am - "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE........"

6.01am - "MAN OVERBOARD !!"

If it was at 6:00 am, he'd be getting what he deserved.... BUT it was more like 9:00 or 10:00, which was a pretty nice wakeup call to let me know I better get out of bed before dinnertime. :eek:

God, I love being on vacation!!! ;)

• 1 month later...

I was on the Getaway 4/26 and Sinan was great. He is very funny, energetic and was all over the place. He even had small parts in the productions. I think I will remember him for a long time. 12+ cruises and I can only recall a couple of CD. Great job Sinan!!! You see some, you see none (Sinan). That is how you pronounce his name.

I was on the Getaway 4/26 and Sinan was great. He is very funny, energetic and was all over the place. He even had small parts in the productions. I think I will remember him for a long time. 12+ cruises and I can only recall a couple of CD. Great job Sinan!!! You see some, you see none (Sinan). That is how you pronounce his name.

Sinan left unexpectedly

Joel was Sinan's Assistant CD on the Getaway in April. It looks like, from his posts on FB, that he has been very sick. He is my all time favorite CD. I hope he is back soon. (He was "Bingo Boy" the first time I cruised with him on the Dawn!)

My son works on the Getaway so I asked him today when he called from St. Thomas. He said the Asst. CD is filling in because Sinan had a family emergency and will be out another week or so. I thought he said JoElle, like a girl, but maybe not. Anyway, hope this gives some of you looking forward to Sinan some hope that he will be back. My son comes home next week and I can't wait to see him (he left in Nov for Germany to join the Getaway).

My son works on the Getaway so I asked him today when he called from St. Thomas. He said the Asst. CD is filling in because Sinan had a family emergency and will be out another week or so. I thought he said JoElle, like a girl, but maybe not. Anyway, hope this gives some of you looking forward to Sinan some hope that he will be back. My son comes home next week and I can't wait to see him (he left in Nov for Germany to join the Getaway).

Joel is pronounced Jo-Elle it's a guy. Enjoy time with your son

Suzanne

Edited by sjnyc323

Joel ("Joe-el", he's Hispanic) or Jersey Boy as he was more often than not called, was the Assistant on my late March sailing. He's great. He participated in Dancing with the Getaway Stars and was very very funny. He and his partner (an older lady) ended up winning. Make sure you don't miss this if he is one of the Getaway stars. One of the songs they had to dance with was "I've Had the Time of My Life" and watching he and the older lady attempt the Dirty Dancing lift was hilarious.