breakaway 8114

melsmom303

There are cabins above so no worry and below you is the theater but more back than your cabin so I'm going to say tats it the staging area changers room directly under you.You should be fine.

Note on another site say the balconies are 4 times larger and 2/3 is open to above.

Couldn't find any pics, maybe too early.

Edited by Ilovesailing

Bed by balcony. :D

Did you see this noise? Look for mirror image 8714.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kANcIdzDMzpYEqp4w3yMYVNGuSp-SQGb76oM5O6t8q0/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd42b114b_3_0

I always wondered about this category MX. Seems the same size and all as the M6 to me. I was expecting this cat to dissapear due to same as M6. And ony one cabin on each side worthy of it's own category? ? ? :confused:

Only reason I can see it's a "lesser" cat than the M6 is it's very forward locale.

Enjoy

We had 8114, 8116, 8118, 8120

GREAT GREAT QUIET ....cabins. Absolutely NO NOISE what-so-ever ANYTIME of the day.

All four of these cabins, the bed was by the balcony.

Bathroom....amazing. Shower is big enough for four people

HAVE A GREAT TIME.....LOVED THESE CABINS...

Just wondering if wind is an issue with the cabins in this area? Also, probably a dumb question, but how do you know if the bed is near the balcony or in the regular position? I just booked cabin 8110 on the getaway. I was told that the balcony is 3X the normal size. Hoping that is good information,

Thank You for any advice

just wondering if wind is an issue with the cabins in this area?

i would be more concerned with motion, but if it wasn't for that balcony divider just forward of you it would be much worse regarding wind. Also the bow/hull actually protects/deflects a majority of the wind. Having said that i would still approach the rail carefully while underway at full speed into the wind with a camera in hand, or hat on head. Lol.

also, probably a dumb question, but how do you know if the bed is near the balcony or in the regular position?

see slide 10 in link from post #5. Bed by balcony fwiw.

also there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. :d

I just booked cabin 8110 on the getaway. I was told that the balcony is 3x the normal size. Hoping that is good information,

i believe it is good info. Again see link/slide # 9.

thank you for any advice

hth

Edited by bear3412

Thanks so much. I am hoping that because we are on the getaway that motion will be less of a factor. (warmer/ calmer than the Atlantic). I hope that's not wishful thinking. Although, honestly on the breakaway, I did not feel the ship move at all and we had high swells returning to NYC in November. Crossing my fingers.

Just wondering if wind is an issue with the cabins in this area? ....

This image shows what I was mentioning about how the vessel's superstructure/bow helps defer most wind/water, lol. , theoretically for the most forward outer cabins on deck 8.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

I failed to link original image showing more of the forward vessel. My bad. lol.

HTH

Edited by bear3412

This image shows what I was mentioning about how the vessel's superstructure/bow helps defer most wind/water, lol. , theoretically for the most forward outer cabins on deck 8.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

I failed to link original image showing more of the forward vessel. My bad. lol.

HTH

Great photo! Thanks so much for your help.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am travelling on Breakaway on 8th April, but first I will be staying in New York (Times Square). I will be taking a taxi from Times Square to the port and wondered how long this might take. It's just that check-in times are needed on the check in form and I am not sure what to put.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am travelling on Breakaway on 8th April, but first I will be staying in New York (Times Square). I will be taking a taxi from Times Square to the port and wondered how long this might take. It's just that check-in times are needed on the check in form and I am not sure what to put.

Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't take more than 15 mins from Times Square.