NCL Rome Transfer Questions

piratesofny

We are sailing on the Jade and have NCL transfers both before and after the cruise. NCL customer service cannot give us any approximate departure or arrival times for either of our transfers we have booked with them. Can anyone help us with these questions?

1. What time can I expect to leave the airport to get to the ship? We arrive around 7am on the day of the cruise which leaves at 5pm.

2. After the cruise, we have an NCL transfer to our hotel in Rome. What time will our transfer leave the port? NCL cannot give me any approximate time! We are trying to book a Vatican tour that day.

Thanks for any any help we can get!

Edited by piratesofny

Cancel the ncl transfers and save yourself a lot of money by using the super easy and convenient public transportation for these transfers.

Or hire a shared van with others on your roll call at roughly 1/3 the cost of what ncl is charging.

Either of those alternatives leaves the timing under YOUR control. And I will say that the Jade's debarkation procedure was the fastest, smoothest and easiest we've ever experienced on five different cruise lines.

It docks at 5am. Passengers handling their own baggage were off the ship by 6:30am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Edited by jkgourmet

And I will say that the Jade's debarkation procedure was the fastest, smoothest and easiest we've ever experienced on five different cruise lines.

It docks at 5am. Passengers handling their own baggage were off the ship by 6:30am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

If 90 minutes is considered as the fastest, smoothest disembarkation, I would not like to see how long it takes if it is NOT smooth and fast

If 90 minutes is considered as the fastest, smoothest disembarkation, I would not like to see how long it takes if it is NOT smooth and fast

I don't get your issue. We picked out whatever color luggage tag WE wanted, which indicated the time WE wanted to get off the ship. We picked 7:30am. We attached it to the bags the night before, left them outside our cabin, and at 7:30am the next morning, we walked off the ship, picked out our luggage in the holding area, and met the group from the roll call with whom we were sharing a van. Done.

Only problem we had was sleeping a bit too late to allow us time to get coffee!

It often takes at least 1 hour to clear the ship once docked at the end of a cruise, so I think 90 minutes is good going.

We are sailing on the Jade and have NCL transfers both before and after the cruise. NCL customer service cannot give us any approximate departure or arrival times for either of our transfers we have booked with them. Can anyone help us with these questions?

NCL can't give you a departure time when you disembark because the buses wait to fill before leaving port. If you're off the ship quickly and board the bus right away ... you could be waiting half hour or longer until the bus fills up.

We used Bob's Limousine service for all our transfers in Rome. We booked on line and the price was reasonable b/c you can ask for a shared ride with 1 or 2 other couples. They were so professional ... got all our confirmations on line. There was a driver waiting for us with a sign in arrivals when we landed in Rome and the driver was right there waiting for us just outside the port terminal upon disembarkation on our return. Very efficient ... friendly ... courteous.

One last note ... if you've never been to the Rome airport ... good luck. One of the worst international airports I have ever experienced.

NCL states that disembarkation starts two hours after arrival so 1,5 hours is pretty smooth and fast. Usually ships arrive to port 1-2 hours before the time indicated in itinerary (f.ex. 6-ish or earlier for 8am arrival to Miami).

NCL states that disembarkation starts two hours after arrival so 1,5 hours is pretty smooth and fast. Usually ships arrive to port 1-2 hours before the time indicated in itinerary (f.ex. 6-ish or earlier for 8am arrival to Miami).

Would you know if that is the same for Venice.? The Jade is scheduled there on a Satutrday morning at 08.00 and I am trying to work out what time to arrange for a transfer to the airport to be at the docks.

Would you know if that is the same for Venice.? The Jade is scheduled there on a Satutrday morning at 08.00 and I am trying to work out what time to arrange for a transfer to the airport to be at the docks.

I would add on 60 minutes from scheduled time of arrival at the minimum - although many shuttles which pick up from port only require ship name... they are often based near the dock and know from experience when to arrive to pick up.

NCL can't give you a departure time when you disembark because the buses wait to fill before leaving port. If you're off the ship quickly and board the bus right away ... you could be waiting half hour or longer until the bus fills up.

We used Bob's Limousine service for all our transfers in Rome. We booked on line and the price was reasonable b/c you can ask for a shared ride with 1 or 2 other couples. They were so professional ... got all our confirmations on line. There was a driver waiting for us with a sign in arrivals when we landed in Rome and the driver was right there waiting for us just outside the port terminal upon disembarkation on our return. Very efficient ... friendly ... courteous.

One last note ... if you've never been to the Rome airport ... good luck. One of the worst international airports I have ever experienced.

Can you post a link to the limo service you used in Rome please?

• 1 month later...
I will be getting off the Epic on July 23. Haven't booked my air yet. I can get a non stop flight at 11:15 am is that too early?

It is not wise to book any flight that leaves before 12 on your day of disembarkation. I think you're playing with fire there. I would be nervous traffic would be an issue or getting off the ship or both. I'm not booking my return flight until the next day.

I will be getting off the Epic on July 23. Haven't booked my air yet. I can get a non stop flight at 11:15 am is that too early?

It was on the Jade , but made it to the airport too early to check-in for our 11am flight. Had to wait till 9am :confused: