Gratuities

sue7045

It depends on the cruise line , some do some don't. What you can do (if available) buy some On board Credit (OBC) equal to the gratuities and how much your expecting to spend on board. The amount will be a credit on your ship account that will reduce the final amount of the bill.

I recieved a notice from MSC after I paid that gratuities were included and I did not need to concern my self with tipping for services unless I wished, and that it would be extra. It would not include the staff working the specialty restaurants and bars etc, but as far as my steward, et al anything I give them would be extra.

I can't imagine this would be different from one ship to the next.

Can you pre pay gratuities prior to sailing?

You wouldn't want to!

Your gratuities for a 7 day cruise are $168., and you get an extra loyalty point in the MSC loyalty club for every $200. you spend on board the ship, which include gratuities! That's on board spending, not pre-paid!

7 pts for 7 days, plus a point for every $200. you spend! (you'd only need to spend another $32. on board to receive another point)

Edited by Russian Bear

I recieved a notice from MSC after I paid that gratuities were included and I did not need to concern my self with tipping for services unless I wished, and that it would be extra. It would not include the staff working the specialty restaurants and bars etc, but as far as my steward, et al anything I give them would be extra.

I can't imagine this would be different from one ship to the next.

Motown, are you saying that the price on the invoice includes the gratuities?? Or did you ask for your gratuities to be included in the price of your cruise? Thanks!

I just went back and re-read it. It was just bars and restaurants. They charge a service fee so no tips are requested.

So obviously that doesn't say anything about housekeeping and steward staff. I would tip them anyway even if there wasn't a tip policy.

I just remembered it wrong.

You wouldn't want to!

Your gratuities for a 7 day cruise are $168., and you get an extra loyalty point in the MSC loyalty club for every $200. you spend on board the ship, which include gratuities! That's on board spending, not pre-paid!

7 pts for 7 days, plus a point for every $200. you spend! (you'd only need to spend another $32. on board to receive another point)

I have never cruised with MSC before. I have always cruised with RC. What are the points all about?