Digital Picture Information?

Foots

:confused: I have several questions about how to download pictures that I have taken with my digital camera to the cruise ship's computers:

1. Do you have to pay to log on to the ship's computer?

2. Will I have to have my load my camera's picture software on to the ship's computer?

3. How would I save my pics? by either emailing them to myself or by saving them on a memory stick.

4. I have two cameras. One is a Kodak that takes ok pics and the other is a Fugi which takes much nicer pictures. There will be two of of taking pictures, one as a back up for the other. How many memory cards and what size should I get?

5. Should I use WebShots or some other picture company? If you use one of these photo sites, do you have to pay to print your own pictures.

Any Information on this would be so helpful.

Laurie:)

My experience with internet cafes aboard cruise ships is that you will NOT have access to anything other than the monitor, keyboard and a printer. The computers are set up such that passengers cannot access any ports or drives. Nor are you allowed to install any software.

You have a few options: buy additional memory sticks (not too expensive nowadays); have the ship's photo department take your memory stick and burn the photos to a cd; take along a laptop or other portable storage device.

Archived