Breakaway vs. Getaway.....

wasiii

.....we went on the Breakaway last year and we decided to go on the Getaway this year.

Looking at the price of an S5 on both, during the same week (8/24, 8/23), there is an $1850 difference between the cabin prices.

Is this because everything always costs more in New York, are they having problems filling up the Getaway in Miami with all the competition, a combination of both or something else?

I could understand a little more, but almost $2000?

:confused:

wasiii

We live in New York also and made the same decision as you did for that exact same week (see you onboard!). I think all it is is the premium of sailing a new, large ship out of New York vs a more competitive market like Miami. Considering the fact that we could do the flights for less than the difference in price, plus what we see as a better itinerary on a slightly newer ship, the decision to do Getaway was a no brainer.

Looking at the prices, it's the Breakaway which stands out rather than the Getaway.

I priced up various cruises for next Easter, all in the Caribbean, so not involving Bermuda. The Breakaway was about 30% more expensive than any other ship. Getaway was second most expensive.

It isn't that Getaway is cheap, but that Breakaway is expensive.

We live in New York also and made the same decision as you did for that exact same week (see you onboard!). I think all it is is the premium of sailing a new, large ship out of New York vs a more competitive market like Miami. Considering the fact that we could do the flights for less than the difference in price, plus what we see as a better itinerary on a slightly newer ship, the decision to do Getaway was a no brainer.

.....glad to hear you're on the ship the same week as me.

You didn't join the roll call yet?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1898342

Let's get a move on! Times a wastin!

wasiii