Question on Spa Rooms

LCTXcruiser

Looking to book the Magic for this summer. Considering the spa rooms, but not sure if the price difference is worth it.

We never book massages, haircuts, etc.... So is there any benefit for us to book the room (freebie services, special perks, etc).

Any help you can give would be great!

Thanks!

We booked a spa room and enjoyed the therma-pool every night soaking our bodies and talking about our day. Also, we don't smoke and it was nice knowing we could open our balcony anytime and not have our neighbors smoke come in. We were on a very high floor and so the view was wonderful. So for us, it was worth it.

We had a Cloud 9 Spa interior room on the Magic. It was $50 each higher than the cheapest interior on the ship. For that amount, it was worth it, and I'm not much of a spa person. The therapy pool was nice: basically a bigger, fancy hot tub that uses mineral water. There are 4 different rooms that are like fancy saunas with strange names that are part of the deal too. Those 4 rooms have different temperatures & different scents. 3 of them have ocean views, but 1 is too steamy to see anything. There is a "shower" in there, not private at all, mostly to use for rinsing off, but one of the settings was a scented water. These things made it well worth it. Since we were on the ship during Spring Break (making the ship very crowded), it was nice to have those non-crowded areas to go and relax. Since you're sailing during a crowded summer sailing, that is probably something for you to consider as well.

In my Magic review (click here), you can find some pictures of these things in post # 18, and I talked about these extras in post # 3. All other extras with the spa rooms are quite insignificant and irrelevant: super tiny samples of worthless hygiene products, slippers that are too big for Andre the Giant, different color towels, different decor. The 2 free classes are limited to certain things, & we didn't even bother. Weekly passes to the spa (those 4 rooms & the therapy pool) are sold in limited quantities to people not booked in Cloud 9 rooms at about $250 per duo or $150 single. If it's more than that extra for you to do a Cloud 9 room instead of a regular, you might as well book a regular room and buy your weekly pass. Just remember to get it quick before it sells out.

We had a Cloud 9 Spa interior room on the Magic. It was $50 each higher than the cheapest interior on the ship. For that amount, it was worth it, and I'm not much of a spa person. The therapy pool was nice: basically a bigger, fancy hot tub that uses mineral water. There are 4 different rooms that are like fancy saunas with strange names that are part of the deal too. Those 4 rooms have different temperatures & different scents. 3 of them have ocean views, but 1 is too steamy to see anything. There is a "shower" in there, not private at all, mostly to use for rinsing off, but one of the settings was a scented water. These things made it well worth it. Since we were on the ship during Spring Break (making the ship very crowded), it was nice to have those non-crowded areas to go and relax. Since you're sailing during a crowded summer sailing, that is probably something for you to consider as well.

In my Magic review (click here), you can find some pictures of these things in post # 18, and I talked about these extras in post # 3. All other extras with the spa rooms are quite insignificant and irrelevant: super tiny samples of worthless hygiene products, slippers that are too big for Andre the Giant, different color towels, different decor. The 2 free classes are limited to certain things, & we didn't even bother. Weekly passes to the spa (those 4 rooms & the therapy pool) are sold in limited quantities to people not booked in Cloud 9 rooms at about $250 per duo or $150 single. If it's more than that extra for you to do a Cloud 9 room instead of a regular, you might as well book a regular room and buy your weekly pass. Just remember to get it quick before it sells out.

Thank you so much for your detailed response. Booking the room now :). Thanks again to everyone else that responded also! I love my fellow cruse critic posters!

We had a Cloud 9 Spa Room on the Breeze in December and can tell you it ABSOLUTELY was worth the extra price. Like a balcony room, once you have stayed in one it is difficult not to book them again on future cruises as you become spoiled.

The T-Pool was worth the price of admission by itself.