C&A Balcony Discount?

Question...I'm sitting here doing another mock booking for our cruise on Allure. I did this while logged on to their website, but it's only showing the $100 discount for one person in our cabin, and that's probably for my husband being 55.

We should be getting a balcony discount for our Platinum status, correct? Is that applied when I call to book? And do we each receive the discount?

Question...I'm sitting here doing another mock booking for our cruise on Allure. I did this while logged on to their website, but it's only showing the $100 discount for one person in our cabin, and that's probably for my husband being 55.

We should be getting a balcony discount for our Platinum status, correct? Is that applied when I call to book? And do we each receive the discount?

If your cruise is departing within 6 months the $100 discount is correct. It is per cabin and not per person. $125 discount for cruises departing more than 6 months away.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343629

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Your Platinum Balcony Discount for a 6-9 night cruise is $100 per cabin which is what is showing when you do a mock booking. It is deducted from only one cruise fare.

If your cruise is departing within 6 months the $100 discount is correct. It is per cabin and not per person. $125 discount for cruises departing more than 6 months away.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343629

Not quite.:D The balcony discount would only be $75 if booking within 6 months of departure.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

*Deduct $25 when booking within 6 months of departure.

Okay, but shouldn't we be getting two discounts? One for the 55 and older status of my husband, and also the balcony discount?

It's showing one, $100 discount. What is the discount for being over 55?

Edited by jules815

Okay, but shouldn't we be getting two discounts? One for the 55 and older status of my husband, and also the balcony discount?

It's showing one, $100 discount. What is the discount for being over 55?

Not all cruises have Special Rates. Are you sure that your cruise has a Special Senior Rate?

The $100 discount you are seeing is your Platinum Balcony Discount.

Use this Advanced Search to find out if your cruise has any special rates. Make sure to check all the boxes that apply.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not all cruises have Special Rates. Are you sure that your cruise has a Special Senior Rate?

The $100 discount you are seeing is your Platinum Balcony Discount.

Use this Advanced Search to find out if your cruise has any special rates. Make sure to check all the boxes that apply.

Okay, now I understand. I thought that the senior discount was something you always got, in addition to the Platinum discount.

My bad.