Problems getting over 75 Travel Ins in NZ

Gemex

Is anyone else in the over 75 age bracket and finding it difficult to get travel insurance in NZ recently? I have had angioplasty and stents over 5 yrs ago and had a fully insured cruise in 2012 and currently fit and able to travel and I wish to go on another cruise 2015 from US to NZ. (OR Asia to NZ) I have tried but cannot get cover for my pre existing conds. Have tried so many co's lost count and even a broker who told me there is "no insurance product available in New Zealand that will provide the cover necessary for a trip to the United States or indeed anywhere and this has been the situation since the Christchurch earthquake and the ability of the local insurers to obtain reinsurance cover from the overseas markets"!

I'd be interested to know if others are having similar difficulties.

Is anyone else in the over 75 age bracket and finding it difficult to get travel insurance in NZ recently? I have had angioplasty and stents over 5 yrs ago and had a fully insured cruise in 2012 and currently fit and able to travel and I wish to go on another cruise 2015 from US to NZ. (OR Asia to NZ) I have tried but cannot get cover for my pre existing conds. Have tried so many co's lost count and even a broker who told me there is "no insurance product available in New Zealand that will provide the cover necessary for a trip to the United States or indeed anywhere and this has been the situation since the Christchurch earthquake and the ability of the local insurers to obtain reinsurance cover from the overseas markets"!

I'd be interested to know if others are having similar difficulties.

iTravelinsured (a US-based company) provides coverage for residents of any country. Their pre-existing condition waiver is pretty straightforward:

"We cover these Pre-existing Conditions provided:

1) The insurance was purchased within 15 calendar days of initial covered trip payment; and

2) On the date of purchase of insurance you are Medically Able to Travel."

Their plans can be found on Squaremouth

http://www.squaremouth.com

Edited by cruiseco