I just gave away my huge suitcase

I am an overpacked and as a result my suitcase was huge. Up until now we have mostly driven to both cruise and land vacations so it wasn't ever an issue.

This year we are flying to Bermuda and had to buy new luggage so I am turning over a new leaf. I have purchased capris in three colors (black, tan and olive) and will be taking tops that will match at least two of the bottoms. All of those tops and bottoms look ok if they get a little wrinkled. One nicer pair of capris and one dress with several scarves for dinner. My cover up is actually a dress too and can be used that way if needed. Shoes will be walking shoes, sandals, flats and water shoes. We are prepared to do laundry at least once. Toiletries will be as minimal as possible.

I know it is still a long way from carry on only but for me this is a big deal.

Come back and let us know how this new packing change works for you. I'm also an over packer and I'm thinking of going lighter next cruise. Don't know if I can though!:D

Have a great trip!:D

Thanks for the link! I read your blog and it has some great ideas. I am only taking one dress (this is a land vacation to Bermuda) and it is blue. My Grandmother passed away in January and when going through her things I found a drawer full of scarves, three of them match the dress and will be going with me. I have a color scheme and think I will have no problem with this. I still have 58 days to go.

Karen,

Thanks for sharing your tips. Packing light is something I'm going to try on my upcoming trip to FL.

Sheila,

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope wearing her scarves brings you great, happy memories of her.

Mousey thank you so much!

Grandma was my fashion and shopping buddy and I have kept many of her things. She was always out for a bargain and even specifically picked out and bought the classic black suit for me to wear to her funeral (which I did wear to it). She found it marked down from $180 to $1. LOL

Thanks for the link! I read your blog and it has some great ideas. I am only taking one dress (this is a land vacation to Bermuda) and it is blue. My Grandmother passed away in January and when going through her things I found a drawer full of scarves, three of them match the dress and will be going with me. I have a color scheme and think I will have no problem with this. I still have 58 days to go.

Thanks Sheila, I love blogging about my travels I just did a new blog "travel tips for the curious." Take a look if you like..:):)

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Mousey thank you so much!

Grandma was my fashion and shopping buddy and I have kept many of her things. She was always out for a bargain and even specifically picked out and bought the classic black suit for me to wear to her funeral (which I did wear to it). She found it marked down from $180 to $1. LOL

That's amazing...what a great memory!:D