SJ Family Suite on NCL Dawn

gracett1

We have a Family Suite (SJ) booked on the Dawn for a Jan 2015 cruise. We are loyal NCL Cruisers. We have 4 adults and will be using 3 beds (main bed, Murphy Bed, and Sofa Sleeper). We will have 1 person in the Sofa Sleeper and 1 person in the Murphy Bed.

1. Can anyone tell us how comfortable the beds are for our guests?

2. Is there a "reserved section" for Suite Guests for the shows/entertainment? We stayed in the Haven on our last cruise and this was the case.

Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks,

The sofa bed is not very comfortable unless you get a mattress topper. Your butler will arrange it, but be sure to ask right away! It makes all the difference.

The reserved section in the theatre is for Owner's Suite, Deluxe Owner's Suite, and Garden Villa on the Star. Different ships have different arrangements.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We had an SJ on the Dawn and the concierge always had seats reserved for any of the passengers in suites. I guess it depends on the concierge.

The reserved seats are not very good. They are bench style and are curved. In order to see the stage, you have to sit on an angle without any back support.

Thank you for your info. We decided that my sister will need to get one of those egg crate foams to add on the sofa bed. Or maybe they will change out the sofa bed to a regular bed, like they did on another cruise.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

The Murphy bed is very comfortable. The sofa bed a bit hard. ALL suite guests on the Dawn have reserved seating in the theater.

Thank you for your info. We decided that my sister will need to get one of those egg crate foams to add on the sofa bed. Or maybe they will change out the sofa bed to a regular bed, like they did on another cruise.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

The sofa in SJ is rather long, so perhaps your sister can sleep on it unfolded-out. Ask the steward to put bed clothes on sofa.

If folded-out, ask for matress topper.