Beer!

bobandalice

being from Australia Im unfamiliar with Mich Ultra....what type of beer is this....is it full strength?

I noticed in the photo of the bar selection that they don't stock Fosters....thanks god us Aussies hate fosters....we just export it to other countries

BUT....... Fosters is AUSTRALIAN for beer?!?!?!? My whole life has been a lie, next you are going to tell me that Mikey did in fact NOT like it and that little old lady never did find out where the beef in fact was?

By simply asking about a brand of beer and if it was available on Norwegian, I have discovered that not only is my wife a drunkard, but has really, really bad taste. Just in the nick of time, as we are getting ready to celebrate yet another year together, and while I thought she was everything to me, luckily several with innumerable post counts have straightened me out.

Thanks cruise critic posters. You are the best.

(the preceding, much like the original post, is delivered with my standard dash of sarcasm and is not meant to reflect the opinions or intent of the OP)

Good day. And to those who helped me out. Thanks a bunch.:D

I thought this thread was about real beer.

- signed, a beer snob :)

Here's what they had on our Alaska cruise. Check the 4th bottle on the left

DSCN4722-vi.jpg

That picture needs a nice IPA in it. Say, a Dogfish Head 60 Minute or maybe a Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin'...

Now we're talking beer! :D

Jim

Oh the Laguanitas!!! So good. On our last cruise they did have an IPA at the beer tasting- thought maybe it was Alaska but can't remember. I guess that may have something to do with the tasting :). Now all I can think about is sitting outside with the ocean and some sunshine and a good beer. Have a good day everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

BUT....... Fosters is AUSTRALIAN for beer?!?!?!? My whole life has been a lie, next you are going to tell me that Mikey did in fact NOT like it and that little old lady never did find out where the beef in fact was?

The Aussies probably don't put shrimp on the Barbie either.

By simply asking about a brand of beer and if it was available on Norwegian, I have discovered that not only is my wife a drunkard, but has really, really bad taste. Just in the nick of time, as we are getting ready to celebrate yet another year together, and while I thought she was everything to me, luckily several with innumerable post counts have straightened me out.

(the preceding, much like the original post, is delivered with my standard dash of sarcasm and is not meant to reflect the opinions or intent of the OP)

Now how about asking about your food preferences. Just in case you missed it this is a joke lol

Bob it's these damn interwebs. I (obviously VERY mistakenly) read your OP and took the 'make or break' comments as meaning that not having whatever it was in question would be a major deal breaker. I absolutely 100% apologize for taking yoru post in the wrong light. I hope you and Alice (again assuming your handle is made up of your real names) have a fantastic cruise availability of any given alcoholic beverage not withstanding... Please accept my apology.

Edited by ImaKrazyKruizer

You won't catch me criticizing your choice or anyone else's. My favorite kind of beer is free beer. Cold is a close second.

LOL when I used to play hockey in the adult league at our local rink, the guys who did drink would oftern have beer after the game. If we won they would have good beer, if not it would be not so good. The difference being the good beer was cold!

Edited by ImaKrazyKruizer

Lol! If it was said on cruise critic, it must be true!!

No no no. Nobody has intimated that she has bad taste.

She doesn't like beer, obviously, but that doesn't indicate bad taste.

I thought this thread was about real beer.

- signed, a beer snob :)

Here's what they had on our Alaska cruise. Check the 4th bottle on the left

DSCN4722-vi.jpg

I see they put the Pilsner Urquell in 3 times to try to give the selection some gravitas (and a couple of Becks).

Wot - no Warsteiner?

Bob it's these damn interwebs. I (obviously VERY mistakenly) read your OP and took the 'make or break' comments as meaning that not having whatever it was in question would be a major deal breaker. I absolutely 100% apologize for taking yoru post in the wrong light. I hope you and Alice (again assuming your handle is made up of your real names) have a fantastic cruise availability of any given alcoholic beverage not withstanding... Please accept my apology.

Well, our names are Carl and Liz. Not really. No apology necessary. You will never see me in a pissing match on CC. LOL I thought it was funny and responded in kind.

Now, I was asked by a CC member I know who saw this thread what I meant about snarkiness and post count. Well, after a few years on here, I have discovered that snarkiness in many cases, does increase at about the same rate as an always accelerating number of posts for said member. Generally speaking. Not all, of course.

Many numerically superior posters are salt of the earth. But some, over achieve.

I can sum it up thusly. Consider this: Snarkiness is to large post counts, as heat is to rankier farts. :D Just an observation, and not a tried and true rule of thumb.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It's all good!

(Carl) Bob

Edited by bobandalice

Well, our names are Carl and Liz. Not really. No apology necessary. You will never see me in a pissing match on CC. LOL I thought it was funny and responded in kind.

Now, I was asked by a CC member I know who saw this thread what I meant about snarkiness and post count. Well, after a few years on here, I have discovered that snarkiness in many cases, does increase at about the same rate as an always accelerating number of posts for said member. Generally speaking. Not all, of course.

Many numerically superior posters are salt of the earth. But some, over achieve.

I can sum it up thusly. Consider this: Snarkiness is to large post counts, as heat is to rankier farts. :D Just an observation, and not a tried and true rule of thumb.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It's all good!

(Carl) Bob

You obviously have not been around me after I have eaten chicken! (insert PU emoticon here.)

That picture needs a nice IPA in it. Say, a Dogfish Head 60 Minute or maybe a Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin'...

Now we're talking beer! :D

Jim

OR let me bring my own! (not an IPA guy, but you will notice a Sculpin in this picture). I'd pay corkage!

DSCN7166-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike