Injured bird rescue kinda...

TheLug

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to get a PETA storm going. Yes they coulda been more gentle. But just wondering what coulda happened with the bird. I asked around but no one had a clue. Carnival Victory 3/16/2014.

I'm sure there is some type of "procedure" in place but it was like pulling teeth to get someone to even come look. I mean they put an injured bird covered in grease from the roof track in a cardboard box and took it below deck.

If they dave dawn on board, its gentle to take grease off the bird. Im sure they did what they could for it and removed it from deck as safely as possible for bird and crew

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to get a PETA storm going. Yes they coulda been more gentle. But just wondering what coulda happened with the bird. I asked around but no one had a clue. Carnival Victory 3/16/2014.

I'm sure there is some type of "procedure" in place but it was like pulling teeth to get someone to even come look. I mean they put an injured bird covered in grease from the roof track in a cardboard box and took it below deck.

Anyone on board remember if fowl was on the dinner menu that night?

Birds on the ships is a fairly common occurrence. The birds that land on the ship and stay around in human presence are usually sick or old to begin with, and a bird that allows itself to be handled like this is generally too sick to live. With 18 hours to port, and if it wasn't a US port next, I would assume that the medical staff euthanized it.

Euthanasia is generally just a drug overdose, a sedative and a muscle relaxant, I believe.

Not in most animals, it isn't. There is a specific drug for euthanasia that is not used for anything else. Other drugs could be used to sedate/anesthesize the animal, but the particular euthanasia drug would have no reason to be in a human clinic/hospital.